Is induction cooking eco-friendly? Comparative induction and electrical resistance (ceramic glass)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is the induction kitchen eco-friendly? Comparative induction and electrical resistance (ceramic glass)

by izentrop » 24/12/17, 01:08

In France the classic thermal represents only 12%, I do not see how you arrive at this result https://www.edf.fr/groupe-edf/qui-somme ... df-en-bref
0 x
Christophe

Re: Is the induction kitchen eco-friendly? Comparative induction and electrical resistance (ceramic glass)

by Christophe » 24/12/17, 02:01

izentrop wrote:In France the classic thermal represents only 12%, I do not see how you arrive at this result https://www.edf.fr/groupe-edf/qui-somme ... df-en-bref

Uh can you repeat the question??? What result?

We are talking about cooking gas here.... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/12/17, 09:12

Christophe wrote:
Tell us more about the harvest periods and preserves from your vegetable garden! (basically without going into details, just to know which months were the most active in terms of "gas") 8)

At home, we do little vegetable canning (this year, not at all). We freeze.

The main period is July/August for the jams (red fruits) and August/September for the jars of tomato coulis (in fact, a tomato-onion-basil mixture) that we sterilize.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/12/17, 09:18

izentrop wrote:In France the classic thermal represents only 12%, I do not see how you arrive at this result https://www.edf.fr/groupe-edf/qui-somme ... df-en-bref

thermal is also nuclear in France. The yields between the heat released and the electricity produced are around 30%.

and even if you have renewable electric kWh, making heat from electricity is not very smart, even if it is practical.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/12/17, 09:34

Christophe wrote:Uh can you repeat the question??? What result?
We are talking about cooking gas here.... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
Should the answer be absurd?
This is already not the purpose of the subject ... if??

It doesn't matter the losses in winter because it heats the house... Uh also valid for the cast iron resistance plate.
Remundo wrote:everything that goes through electricity in cooking has mobilized 3 times more heat (primary) at the thermal power station.
Valid for all electricity consumed and today we know how to make the thermal a little better profitable http://www.ddmagazine.com/201105202213/ ... rique.html

It is true that nuclear power is also thermal, but without CO2 emissions.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/12/17, 11:37

izentrop wrote:Uh also valid for the cast iron resistance plate.

Yes, but much less electrical losses than gas apparently (according to gas users)... : roll:

It would be better to do a comparative test, right?

Heat 5L of water at 20 degrees to a boil...in the same saucepan...the best would be to do it at the same heating power. But there you have to tweak...

Easy in electricity and to count a gas flow, weighing the bottle before after is the simplest solution or a meter reading any other consumption cut? We could estimate the mass of gas needed if the heating efficiency is 100%...

Need someone with an independent electric hob and bottled gas...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/12/17, 04:09

Do you have a scale accurate enough to measure a few grams on a 30 kg bottle?

For electricity, you can count the flashes of the LED which indicates 1 Wh at each pulse. I have a disk meter that was giving 4 Wh per revolution. I had graduated the disc with 40 lines. I had used it once to demonstrate that the Dumas effect was pipo, but there, everything is demonstrated, I don't see the point.
http://images-bricolage.com/docs-electr ... rich-1.pdf

induction.gif
induction.gif (95.89 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/12/17, 12:05

The gas in any case, without having measured it, is very variable, depending on two or three parameters:

- size of the pan / fire: the flames must not exceed the edge, even not reach the edge
- the strength of the flame: the harder you go, the hotter the escaping gases are and "give off" calories (within certain limits)
- the thickness of the bottom of the pan and the pan (the heat "consumed" by the mass will play).

I see at home that we are in a hurry in general, so "full fire" and 80% goes into the air! And performance, no one thinks about it.

I think that this table is therefore quite indicative (for gas). But indeed, it is bad.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/12/17, 18:26

izentrop wrote:Do you have a scale accurate enough to measure a few grams on a 30 kg bottle?
(...)

No more need since you found the answers :)

I didn't think there was such a difference, single or double is a lot :)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/12/17, 13:52

Did67 wrote:I think that this table is therefore quite indicative (for gas). But indeed, it is bad.

induction, yield to be divided by 3 as the table compares bladders and lanterns ... electric kWh do not have the same status as thermal kWh.
1 x