Is induction cooking eco-friendly? Comparative induction and electrical resistance (ceramic glass)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Is the induction kitchen eco-friendly? Comparative induction and electrical resistance (ceramic glass)

by Lolounette » 23/12/17, 15:29

it's not safe because for those who have a vegetable garden in summer it is the time when canned and sauces tomatoes : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Is the induction kitchen eco-friendly? Comparative induction and electrical resistance (ceramic glass)

by Christophe » 23/12/17, 15:42

For tomatoes, peaches, apricots, red fruits (etc) yes ... but there are also many crops around September-October, including all fruit trees apple, pears (etc) * ... so early in the period heating for a lot of people ...

Otherwise, you have to make tomato sauces and jam at the end of a barbecue 8)

But all this will not change much: gas is better on primary energy ... : Cheesy:

* I let our Master Gardener Did67 refine the answer 8)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/12/17, 16:06

kneaded induction hobs ... you need heavy pans (thick bottom), and it draws a max amp with a bad cos (phi). Personally I am not very fan. But it is very clean in case of overflow, while gas burners are painful to clean.

around me, it cooks more gas (bottled or city when the connection is made).

I also like small electric plates all stupid, because to simmer gently, it's great.

in terms of energy efficiency, I have never made any special measures, but it takes a 10 pan 20% wider than the fire, otherwise the losses are huge (especially gas when the flame passes by).

in any case, it is a low energy (1 kW during 1h, instead of 10 kW H24) compared to the heating of the house, especially since it is spontaneously recovered in winter.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/12/17, 16:15

Yes the proportion of cooking is low compared to the heating or transports but it does not prevent that if, served served equal, one can save 30% of the energy, that would be con not to take advantage of it ...

Yes for the losses I detailed above 8)
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/12/17, 16:41

Christophe wrote:
But all this will not change much: gas is better on primary energy ... : Cheesy:

The question is whether the criterion "minimization of primary energy" is really essential in the case of either "lethal" energy or nuclear.

The problem is (to my knowledge) settled in the case of oil or solar: by convention, the kWh produced are primary energy, even if the wind turbine or the panel have low conversion efficiencies. energy they receive.

For nuclear no, we pass well by a primary energy yield / final energy. But what is reasonably available, given the available techniques, we can do well other than electricity with uranium?

Yield comparisons (and thus primary energy reasoning) are only relevant when there is a choice to make several kinds of final energy from the same primary energy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/12/17, 17:29

sicetaitsimple wrote:Yield comparisons (and thus primary energy reasoning) are only relevant when there is a choice to make several kinds of final energy from the same primary energy.

It's not wrong but I especially wanted to react on the "bad gas performance" Vs "bad electro-nuclear" of Did67 ... just to quantify it a little.

Obviously this will not save the world from knowing that! : Cheesy:
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 23/12/17, 17:53

I had seen a comparison of the cost of different energies for cooking, it was maybe on this forum, gas was also in the lead.

And since we are on a global reasoning, we should also take into account the gray energy, it is clear that gas is the winner because of its simplicity and reliability.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/12/17, 17:56

The real winner is the one who eats raw! [humor]
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/12/17, 18:38

Did67 wrote:The real winner is the one who eats raw! [humor]

That's not the game! :D But as it's Saturday night, it's okay ... : Cheesy:

Tell us more about the harvest periods and preserves from your vegetable garden! (basically without going into details, just to know which months were the most active in terms of "gas") 8)
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/12/17, 20:51

I think that gas, from the point of view of primary energy, is the best choice.

everything that goes through electricity in cooking has mobilized 3 times more heat (primary) at the thermal power station.
0 x