The end of the BTI: what do you think?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The end of the BTI: what do you think?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/11/18, 22:53

The question is in the title.

Honestly I don't know and I use skills to learn a little more about the subject.

Pushed by a technical friend from FT, I kept my RTC for a long time.

And then with my move I dropped it, I didn't have it reinstalled.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The end of the RTC: what should we think about it?

by Forhorse » 16/11/18, 06:50

It is nothing more than the preparation of the global deployment of optical fiber everywhere in France (planned for 2025 it seems ...)
Fiber does not allow the telephone to be sent as is, like a copper pair, it is necessary to switch to VoIP and therefore through an adapter box.
So keeping the RTC would oblige operators to keep the 2 networks (copper and fiber) and therefore to maintain the 2 while removing it also allows the copper network to be completely removed.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/11/18, 11:12

It's always better to give the definition of acronyms, especially in a title https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9se ... mmut%C3%A9

Ben copper is increasingly difficult to extract, while the silica resource is not in depletion.
0 x
Spica.57
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Spica.57 » 16/11/18, 11:28

Hello

Copper technology has reached the end of its capacity, with current demand only fiber can meet.

FYI the PSTN (switched telephone network) still exists, simply we can no longer order this technology, it is replaced by IP (international protocol), from 2023 the first PSTN lines will stop working.

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/18, 12:38

izentrop wrote:while the silica resource is not in depletion.

Sand, construction quality construction, is already the object of desire and tension on many points of resources but we talk (still) not too much ...

Sahara sand (and I imagine other desert) is not considered as quality sand, at least for construction ... for electronics it may be satisfactory ...
0 x