The LED bulb, new flagship product in Japan

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
zeflash
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zeflash » 12/02/10, 13:45

This is all very interesting. Here is an article which allowed me to better understand what we can expect in lighting power for the different types of sources:
http://www.sonelec-musique.com/electron ... miere.html

And then the end of the article is also extremely interesting since it gives concrete examples of the type of LED on sale now by wholesalers; The prices become very correct even if they do not include electronics!

Which now makes me doubt the interest of changing my halogen gu10 by CFLs which take 2 minutes to light up (it's unacceptable for me).
Since it takes a few years to make the investment profitable (and therefore spend a few years railing against hellish ignition times), you might as well wait until the correct substitutes arrive on the market and change at that time.
0 x
Patatrace
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patatrace » 22/02/10, 21:39

The LED chip he talks about at the conclusion has just come out commercially, the LED is integrated in an outdoor spot IP65 10watts in cool white color (therefore with the bad IRC). Luminous flux 1500 lumens therefore 150 lm / W. It really looks like a postage stamp as described in your link.

Price of the beast: 155 €

Sales site: Uh, you have to see if Christophe agrees to leave the link of the site, although not competitive with Econologie see very complementary because I buy spots and electrical stuff there and at Econologie I buy LED bulbs and fluorescent that go with it because of better quality :D

http://www.laboutiquedetoni.com/spot-exterieur-10-watts-leds-highpower-p-7418.html
0 x
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 11/03/10, 01:05

Bonsoir
This subject is very interesting, having worked in lighting, it's been a long time since I had already replaced all my bulbs with fluorescent lights and my spots with LEDs for areas where I wanted 'decorative' lighting. For the spots I wanted more intense, I took Megaman reflectors
Lighting power: 30 watts, 7 watts of consumption, GU 10 base, within 15 € if memory serves. The only problem, it's not pretty, we see the tubes, I have reserved them in places like 'niches' or shelves where you can only see the light and not the spot.
zeflash wrote:T

Which now makes me doubt the interest of changing my halogen gu10 by CFLs which take 2 minutes to light up (it's unacceptable for me).
Since it takes a few years to make the investment profitable (and therefore spend a few years railing against hellish ignition times), you might as well wait until the correct substitutes arrive on the market and change at that time.

There are now available with a much shorter ignition time and a correct cost.
How long will it take to find correct substitutes? and above all that are suitable for all bases.
Good night

expensive
0 x
Bricktal
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Bricktal » 18/03/10, 05:09

Targol wrote:
Christophe wrote:Well, dividing the prices by 10 is not done in a few months ... Well I don't think so ... so the "not far" is not suitable I think! : Cheesy:

You never know, the mass effect on this scale, it can be very fast. If all the big Japanese manufacturers start to mass produce and flood the market, the effect will inevitably be felt on prices.

The price is also what prevents me from changing the 3 24V halogen spotlights in my living room into something more economical.
In the meantime, I turn on the switch only long enough to turn on the compact fluorescent lamps. Then I turn off.
It's a shame because it's pretty: I put the spots flush with the ceiling. They light up between the beams. It has a nice effect.

And you never thought of installing low-voltage halogen lamps. They consume less it seems to me and last longer. You can also install them on a simple metal wire and move them to modify the design of the lighting. They are mainly used in shopping, stores ... but are just as suitable for the home.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 18/03/10, 08:48

zeflash wrote:

I have been using CFLs for over 20 years, I am a pragmatic ecologist and use any innovation that holds up from the point of view of use and cost ... the ramp-up time has never really bothered me, on almost all my compact fluorescents, after a minute it's already OK (case of my recent Osram "6000k daylight"), especially if we have a suitable overall lighting power, where this increase in power is less embarrassing that with a power at the strict minimum as I sometimes see ... impatience is a typically Parisian or urban notion in general I have the impression ...
0 x