Fluo-compacts test on "Que Choisir"

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Fluo-compacts test on "Que Choisir"

by nightrow » 30/05/09, 10:04

Hello,

I bought the magazine "that to choose" of May 2009, which contains an interesting file on the compact fluorescent, with a test of 34 lamps. I invite you to read this file :D

I do not have a scanner, and I doubt that it is allowed, so I will just relay some info that I find interesting on this file.

For example, I was convinced of the quality of megaman lamps after reading this forum. I even bought some recently, which I am satisfied.

They rank however:
-7 / 9 of the category ~ 20w (1ERE of the category: sylvana)
- 8 / 12 and 12 / 12 from the category ~ 15w (1ere: General electric)
- 10 / 13 from the category ~ 10w (1ere: General electric)

What makes the most reflect is that for the model ~ 15W announced for 15000h, 100 lamps on 100 are HS after 8000h. It leaves you dreaming ... (this is the case only for this megaman lamp, the other references look closer to what is announced)

I do not want to argue, I just wanted you to share this source of info known for its independence, which is worth what it is worth. I just hope to help make the best choice knowingly.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/05/09, 11:13

This, I think, unfortunately, is the default of these generic brands.

I tried a bit of everything ("Chinese" from Ikéa, brands - Osram, Philipps -, Megaman, Lexman, "trucmuch" sold off by such brand) and indeed, I have a lot of "breakages " before the hour...

Less at brands, which are also made in China, but which must impose standards and do tests and controls before engaging their reputation!
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 30/05/09, 14:23

It is also this lifetime that leaves me skeptical about the ecological advantage of this type of lamp.
If we take the energy saving on 8000h and compare it to a conventional lamp, taking into account the extra costs of manufacturing and recycling ... I'm not sure of the profitability of the thing.
0 x
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 30/05/09, 14:44

At the simple user level, the study concludes with an economy (calculated over the lifespan they measured) of:
- between 50 and 80 € in 20w
- between 30 and 60 € in 15w
- between 30 and 50 € in 10w

This economy is per bulb over a lifetime effectively measured, the economy of € is well confirmed, without any possible dispute.

The econological gain, taking into account recycling, presence of mercury, etc., is on the other hand harder to establish.

To return to the test, the only thing missing is the quality of the luminous flux, because all the bulbs are not equal, far from it.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/05/09, 22:41

nightrow wrote:

To return to the test, the only thing missing is the quality of the luminous flux, because all the bulbs are not equal, far from it.

Wait, if I understand correctly, he would not have even published the data absorbed power / flow ??? I dream or misunderstood ???
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 01/06/09, 10:48

I think you have misunderstood.

They publish the different light powers announced and measured, but nothing about the IRC, the color rendering index. This data is for example always given on neons of quality.

This is the similarity of the luminous flux to a filament bulb, which therefore has an 100 CRI. I think the fluo-compact have an IRC between 70 for the worst and 90 for the best, but I would have liked to have the values ​​precisely in the comparison.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/06/09, 10:49

I have the number in question: I have only looked at the table and I am really surprised to see IKEA bulbs (2 or 3 €) in front of MEGAMAN (10 15 €) ... knowing that the price is generally taken into account only with a low weight in the evaluations.

In addition: I am not sure that, variations of supply voltages (vary from 200 to 250V AC for example), 1st cause of "death" of fluorescent bulbs (and the 1er prices are necessarily more fragile than megaman ingenium) and the ON / OFF cycles were applied during the tests ...

I have to read the comparison in detail!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/11, 14:00

In June 2010, QueChoisir submitted this. A comparative test compact fluorescent bulbs 2010 version.

By cons I do not understand why it is still missing (as in 2009) Megaman INGENIUM 15 000h of their comparison: Megaman bulbs of 8000h have already some years ...
economic and LED bulbs

Here are some excerpts:

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/01/11, 14:58

The comparatives are always incomplete, some are the object sold, given the large number of brands and models that change as fast as weathervanes especially after a comparison, so that I gave up using it because we can not find not exactly the model tested most often !!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 31/01/11, 15:07

I recently dismantled, to clean them, the frosted glasses of my ceiling lights in the entrance and the corridor. I had the good surprise to read the date of commissioning that I usually write in permanent felt on the base of the bulbs: 08 / 2005
Either already 5 years and a half. 8)
0 x