Mobile Phones: the phantom vibrations GSM!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Mobile Phones: the phantom vibrations GSM!

by Christophe » 12/07/12, 21:18

Personally, this has happened to me, and you?

The truth about ghost vibrations from your laptop

A day at work, your phone vibrates on your desk, you bend over to take it in your hands ... and then nothing. You have just experienced ghost vibrations. You are puzzled, but rest assured, the subject has been studied by researchers, reports The Atlantic.

The study was conducted by Michelle Drouin of IUPU of Fort Wayne in the United States and published in the scientific journal Computers in Human Behavior. The phenomenon, called "ghost vibration syndrome" or vibranxiety, occurs when you feel something vibrate, but it is not coming from your phone.

According to the researchers, 89% of the participants (high school students) confided that they were victims of ghost vibrations. According to another study reported by Discovery and conducted by researchers at the Baysate medical center in 2010, 68% of test participants had already experienced such a phenomenon. According to the two research teams, around 10% of the participants feel vibrations every day.

Little disturbing hallucinations

If the previous studies qualified the vibrations of hallucination, the researchers of Fort Wayne explain that "the classic hallucinations are associated with a pathology". The authors do not demonstrate anything, they wonder all the same if hearing his cell phone vibrate could be the sign of an illness.

It remains to be seen why we are victims of these hallucinations. The researchers are not yet able to explain it, but they have noticed that the vibrations were felt more by those who used their phone more frequently. Assumptions vary by study.

This could for example be related to the fact that the telephones produce electrical signals which would transmit the feeling directly to the nervous system, or then quite simply to be due to a mental anticipation of the alerts.

The phenomenon does not seem to bother the people studied more than that. In the 2012 study, 91% of high school students explained that the vibrations bothered them "a little" or "not at all". This figure rises to 93% for the medical team of the 2010 study. All the researchers agree that ghost vibrations are not dangerous anyway, but just disturbing.

Source: http://www.slate.fr/lien/59153/vibrations-fantomes

Damn I'm sick then? However I am a very moderate user ...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/07/12, 22:13

the same and even often.
My note does not sound loud. The power of sound is not related to size.
So always on vibrate + ring.
And often mute: therefore only vibrator.
The silicone protection limits vibration.
The brain is still waiting for a signal.
And often my pocket vibrates even if that isn't it : Shock:
So i'm not crazy : Mrgreen: Phew.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/07/12, 23:04

I confirm. Job requires, my G is always on, 24 hours a day, 24.365 days a year. I only cut the ringer at the show or at worship (and at funerals, fortunately more rare).
There really is only in the shower ....

But there are days when I "feel" it. I wear it on my belt in a very sturdy little case.

And it's really pumping.

My ringtone is Mozart's Dies Irae from the Requiem, because when it rings, it is often goodbye to tranquility.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/07/12, 23:13

Well, we are all sick so ... we are contaminated ... Finally I may be moved to the forum "Health"...

elephant wrote:My ringtone is Mozart's Dies Irae from the Requiem, because when it rings, it is often goodbye to tranquility.

Without dec? I also got this one :) : Cheesy:

Then I put something more fun: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... qpuwSW.mp3

: Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 13/07/12, 04:43

It has to sound loud from the start.

Actuellement The show must go on Queen, under Mozart layer and beautiful to cry about.
For the rest Arnarchy in the UK Sex Pistols: it scares your neighbor : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/07/12, 09:36

it only happens to me at work with the professional mobile (must say that it does not stop ringing)
I think it's related to the stress of not hearing an "important" call
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/07/12, 11:25

No such trouble, (easy I do not carry this instrument of misfortune with me 98% of the time : Mrgreen:) but wanting at all costs to detect a signal of low amplitude our brain ends up inventing it.

An optical example to compare this phenomenon, on a hardness machine it is necessary to measure the size of an imprint left by the insertion of a diamond in a part. In normal condition (polished / bright part) no problem, but here the polished controlled part is particularly dark, without reflections ..... Whatever the focus, we guess / make up without really seeing the contours of the 'imprint ...... we end up giving reading values, .... without believing it but we give them. Then we say to ourselves, it's anything, I start again .... and we find other very different values ​​..... and so on.

In these cases, the brain is a joker and we wander after a few tries, it makes us read values ​​.... in the range where we are supposed to find them (within tolerance of course ... especially when we know her in advance) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/07/12, 11:33

Maybe an analogy to do with the ghost limbs of amputees? : Idea:

If it's not a clue that we are, psychologically, abusively dependent on these little things ... : Shock:
0 x