Self-cutting power strip

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/09/08, 22:22

Blabla Image
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/08, 22:25

Korben Dallas wrote:For those who want it anyway, I sell 2 :-)

Take the Lejuste :)
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 19/09/08, 04:24

Good evening
I made myself a system based on a relay supplied by the voltage across a resistor in series with the multiple socket.
across the resistor, I put a rectifier bridge and a capacitor, then relay it across the capacitor ... thanks to the hysteresis effect, when we cut the power supplies, the relay does not resume its rest position until after a certain time to define with the value of the capacitor.

the resistance value must be defined to obtain for example a voltage of 5 V across its terminals when consumers are connected to it, via the multiple socket. once straightened, it will give about 7.5 v
for 500W of power, 2.5 ohm which will give a voltage drop to take into account in the power supplies.

when there is almost no more current consumed, for example 4 standby devices at 10 w each, i.e. 40 w, at the terminals of the resistor, there will be more than 0.4 v at the terminals of the resistor and the relay will return to its rest position.

to initiate the release of the relay, a push button with a series capacitor connected to another rectifier bridge across the relay is required, to charge the capacitor and allow time to connect the devices.

another advantage, in the event of an unplanned power outage, the relay will return to idle and this will prevent the devices from involuntary restarting.

relay system cost, 2.5 ohm 10W resistor, 2 diode bridges, capacitor 47 to 100 micro farad 63 V, ignition capacitor 0.47 micro farad non-polarized, push button, (by Zener diode security of 12 V due to overvoltages ) 1 ten euros
if a 7.5v relay is difficult to find, change the resistance value to obtain 9v, you will need a 12V relay (automobile)
for 500W consumed, it will give 4.7 ohm 20 W (P = R * I²)
the values ​​of the resistors and capacitor are standardized and therefore easy to obtain, no active components. no current flows when the relay is at rest

jeff

I will try to make you a little diagram, it will be clearer

I forgot a detail, the relay contact (s) cut the circuit upstream of the system
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/09/08, 06:08

: Arrow: Ha !, there, there is a way
I hope the relay does not consume too much :?
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 19/09/08, 06:16

hummmmm!

the relay is supplied only when the devices are in operation. moreover it is supplied by the voltage across the resistor ...

it must be 50 to 100 ma, no more. I did not measure.
relay at rest, no more current flows in the assembly.
therefore no consumption

jeff

small additional detail, by mounting a voltage doubler instead of the bridge and the capacitor, it is possible to halve the value of the power resistor, and therefore to divide by 2 the power of said resistor. because in normal operation, the resistance will heat up

provide a 10 nF / 400 V capacitor across the relay contacts to absorb the electric arcs that will occur when switching off and on.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/09/08, 07:03

:D It becomes very interesting, Hi.
A little diagram for dummies in electronics?
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 19/09/08, 07:50

in the course of the aprem I will post a small crobar freehand, but detailed

jeff
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 20/09/08, 20:20

0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 20/09/08, 20:35

A big thank you Korben
0 x
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by elekaj34 » 27/09/08, 09:16

Hello,

I just discovered this subject. I made myself a power strip of this kind.

The principle: for each outlet, a current measurement is made, if it is below a so-called standby threshold (adjustable threshold) for more than a certain time, the outlet cuts off. The order of the sockets is made by optotriacs (therefore little consumption).

Yes, but once the plug is cut, how do we turn it back on?
We press a small button which allows to re-energize the socket.

But in standby, you have to power the detection system ... I opted for battery power (9V rechargeable). So in standby, zero consumption in the sector. The battery life is around 25000h (almost 3 years).

In operation, remember to recharge the battery (which in most cases discharges very little) and power the optotriacs, all inclusive and in the worst case, it takes about 100mW

As you can see, no master / slave system.
0 x