Socket splitter master slave slave = scam?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Taism
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Socket splitter master slave slave = scam?

by Taism » 26/02/10, 20:13

Bonjour à tous : Cheesy:

I wanted to know if anyone had a comparison or information on the consumption of the various sleeper sockets? Since the consumption of it is rarely seen never specified.

I bought one last week at DIY, all happy, I install it, it works and not having too much time I drop the story.

Except that yesterday by leaning a little more on the thing via my cc128 I see that there is almost no gain in power compared to my old installation. Astonished, I unplug several devices to, in the end, realize what the standby power strip consumes on its own ~ 9W, I check with a metric amp clamp and I find approximately the same values : Evil:

I opened the power strip, looked at the circuit and this consumption does not surprise me, to reduce the voltage in order to supply the relay and the comparator (lm324) they only use a simple resistor and diode to rectify everything, not enough to have a good return.

I haven't yet measured the power used by my other dz-green multiple sockets, which I would do tomorrow, but for the moment this story has calmed me down a bit. Regarding my pc I think to adapt this little DIY which will be less practical but much more effective.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/02/10, 20:18

Yep ... too green to be honest : Cheesy:

More your socket is not a standby power strip but a master slave power strip. So I changed your title.

We offer a real standby socket with 4 switches: https://www.econologie.com/shop/multipri ... -p-60.html

At least with that, when it's cut ... it's really cut!
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 26/02/10, 21:11

for me, no problem, I plugged it into a timer
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 26/02/10, 22:16

Oh yes, I had the same problem with 3 plugs that powered 3 PC. Suddenly, I fired everything to put the switch bars.

On 2 or 3 sites that were selling it, I asked for empty consumption, and none of them ever answered me. QED ...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 26/02/10, 22:39

??? I see that some people like to complicate their lives: at home I have 2 power bars with ONE switch on each: one for the computer and its accessories, the other for the audiovisual equipment, all operated distractedly from the end of 'a toe before and after use: it costs 3x nothing, and it consumes "0" watt ... and I've been using this system for 20 years 8)
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 26/02/10, 23:14

The principle of the master / slave socket is very practical: it avoids lying under the desk to switch on / off the module.

Leaving to find even simpler than the solution of switch strips, there are strips WITHOUT switch that simply disconnect from the wall outlet. : Cheesy:
0 x
Taism
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Taism » 27/02/10, 09:55

I just did the test and the other master / slave multiple socket dz-green consumes ~ 3W which is not perfect but much better.

Especially that there is connected above a tv with switch, TNT decoder, DVD player, amplified antenna and stereo. So instead of consuming 30W in standby, I only consume 3W, which is not too bad.

Personally, I find 2 uses for this kind of plug:

- I rarely watch the living room tv, and the person who does it goes to bed later than me and does not have this reflex to turn off a multi-socket beast so m / e allows it to be done automatically and so sure.

- when I'm there, I use my pc intermittently, 15 minutes on - 10 minutes standby - 30 minutes on - 5 minutes standby ... In this situation, at each PC standby phase the power strip cuts at the same time the day before other devices (screen, powered speaker, printer, external hard drive).

Good but in the end, it's a shame, we must be very careful with the consumption of these sockets, there are always manufacturers to cloud the consumer : Evil: . I'm going to talk to 60 million consumers about it. They might do a comparison one day.

Besides, I wonder how much the priséco multiple socket sold by edf (10 € in Reunion).
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 27/02/10, 10:32

Korben Dallas wrote:The principle of the master / slave socket is very practical: it avoids lying under the desk to switch on / off the module.

Leaving to find even simpler than the solution of switch strips, there are strips WITHOUT switch that simply disconnect from the wall outlet. : Cheesy:

Yep, I prefer my 20-year-old system that is simply operated by a foot pedal: simpler and much less tiring ... : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/10, 12:15

Korben Dallas wrote:The principle of the master / slave socket is very practical: it avoids lying under the desk to switch on / off the module

In fact, ideally a SERIES bar plug with a switch socket : Cheesy:
0 x
angusperde
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Luxury sleep watch or intelligent sleep watch?

by angusperde » 26/07/12, 19:28

Hello,

Does anyone know this device?

http://www.infosec.fr/produits/Parasurt ... -tvfr.html

Thank you for your answers, because it seems interesting, except that it must take several months to amortize ....
0 x