Induction cooker

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Induction cooker

by Other » 14/11/12, 02:15

Hello

For almost 15 years that I have been waiting for the commercialization of these cookers, I have just purchased an induction cooker
Although it has existed for over 20 years in Europe, it has been slow to arrive in North America. (It's shunned, either through ignorance or bad publicity, or patent history.)
We found some plates alone, but not a stove with oven in the standard format of the usual cookers now they are available, With the bad publicity which was done on induction, many people bought a ceramic hob.

My question for those who operate these cookers, what peculiarity, what precautions for use? cleaning method?
Besides having good magnetic pans with thick bottoms
some say that placing a fireproof sheet, glass or cloth to prevent heat transfer plate and pan? what trick to use weakly magnetic pots (like a magnetic stainless steel plate underneath?)
Advantage it heats quickly only the pan the plate remains cold, easier to clean, the old electric stove that took 60 amperes that induction 40 amperes in 220vlts. We will see with use, I think it takes less energy than the traditional round heating.
Next test a glass of water with some nickel beads 8)

Andre

0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 14/11/12, 09:06

Hello André,

First a small flat: the plate heats less than a conventional plate, but still heats by transmission of. Just beware, especially for children.

Big flat: never put your head above the plate (like looking at something).
I did it once, and it really hit me. I'm not sure what happened, but it's really weird. I could almost speak of a resemblance to an electric fence discharge ... but in the head ... It also means that the waves are not so centralized as that ...

Besides, on this subject, the fact that the control panel is at the bottom would bother me ...

For unsuitable pans, it seems to me that there are adapters: as if you had removed a magnetizable pan bottom and that you placed it under your unsuitable pan.
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 14/11/12, 09:22

> what particularity, what precautions for use?

If friends come to cook at your place and they are used to vitroceramic, you will have to watch them ... a friend almost melted a pan for me by "putting it to heat" with the booster ...

> what trick to use weakly magnetic saucepans

You can try the steel disc (found in supermarkets here) but you lose the benefits of induction (heat is transmitted less well to the stove).

> I did it once, and it gave me hell.

Weird! What is a model? Did you have metal on your head? (glasses, necklace ...)
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 14/11/12, 10:41

BobFuck wrote:Did you have metal on your head? (glasses, necklace ...)

I do have glasses.
But, at worst, it should only have heated them, right?
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 14/11/12, 11:38

It depends, the current always flows in a loop, and given the shape of a pair of glasses, what closes the loop is your skull ...
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"