Steve Jobs is dead. Apple in mourning. What future?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/10/11, 02:13

Not even, it came from Xerox labs

Obamot did not read the quote I put above:
Contrary to legend, the mouse was not invented at PARC but, almost 10 years earlier, at the Stanford Research Institute by Douglas Engelbart.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_PARC

Any invention has a very long and complex history with essential precursors often forgotten, even for Nobel Prize winners !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/10/11, 07:16

: Cheesy: Thank you...! it's because I thought I already knew that I didn't read it!

: Shock: ... you're teaching me something. On the other hand, I noted that the essential of "Lisa" (which was the ancestor and will become the Mac 128, 512, 1M, 2M ...), namely the graphical interface, "WYSIWYG", with the icons, and other drop-down menus, etc. were fine from Xerox, on the other hand.

So that's what the river trials of the time were about.

Jobs' trick was mostly to make us believe that the Mac was "different" (campaign "Think Different "). If it was a little at the beginning, it was not later. We quickly found all the faults of IT:
- "integrated obsolescence" (both software and hardware);
- a captive market (which paradoxically has always been more captive than the world of pécé, and which still is ...)
- The principle of licenses, which means that you never really own anything (since these licenses, both software with the OS, and hardware with the dedicated machines => are subject to conditions). This was less the case at the beginning, since the Mac had been the great promoter of freeware.
- The great paradox is that the OS a) which was free at the start, then became chargeable b) which was generalist at the start, then became dedicated to the machine on which it had to run (and not on the others, however totally similar) etc ...

In short, the Mac was and above all has become a trap for c..s, which paid more for more restrictive equipment, making us believe that the gain would be "ease of use" (relatively hypothetical, since it dealt with certain points, while others were more "locked").

Where it is a little disgusting is that it is on the funds of aficionados who demanded "more freedom" that a more restrictive operating system was built, where you no longer own nothing, and in the near future, even more OF YOUR DATA, with "clouds computing".

It's up to us not to put our finger in this gear (but it will be very difficult to resist ... or even impossible) ... And this, both in the pécé and mac world ... : Evil:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/10/11, 13:02

Obamot wrote:
Did67 wrote:... The mouse, okay, comes out of Mac ...

... Not even, it came from the Xerox labs. Okay ... they hadn't marketed it, but still ...

For the rest, apparently we all agree;)

Well. I was still dreaming a little.

I admit not being an Applemaniac even if I dream of having an Airbook just for the thin and design side (but ultrabooks are coming to Asus, Samsung ...). So I haven't studied that ....

I also regret, and I forgot in my previous post, that Apple - therefore Jobs - maintained more than others consumerism via the obsolescence issue "look". See the fury on the new Iphone 4S !!! What does he have more? How many perfectly functioning iPhones in the trash or in a corner? With what imprint on planet earth ??? And even beyond that, combines unhappy people because in the dying, feeling diminished, tempted by theft ???? In short, what model of company behind Apple - Jobs ????? Here is my cry!

So we can't be "econologically" for Jobs.

So we can't decently idolize him here on this forum !

Now I didn't write that he was a monster either.

Just, I wanted to "limit" the ambient idolatry (I speak in general, on the media, not specifically here) ...

I see that there are a number of us, and that reassures me.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/10/11, 13:09

Obamot wrote::

Where it is a little disgusting is that it is on the funds of aficionados who demanded "more freedom" that a more restrictive operating system was built, where you no longer own nothing, and in the near future, even more OF YOUR DATA, with "clouds computing".

: Evil:

I'm sorry, but reading this comes to me a thought that I will try to forget: it was not Hitler after all ???
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/10/11, 22:17

... ok I replace "disgusting" by "outrageous»!

Although none of these qualifiers refer to the sad character you quote. : Shock:

Note, I often think of the cumulative time lost by IT's slack, and in the end that means a lot of lives lost - in "man years" - trying to "control the tool", rather than spend more time "to do something with" ... on the other hand, no one is forcing us to buy and use a computer, with an apple sticking in the throat or not ... : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Steve Jobs is dead. Apple in mourning. What future?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/01/21, 22:20

I go up the topic to not create one and then ... it's a bit the answer to the question of the text ...

Insurgency at factory making Apple products in India

As you know, Apple is producing more and more iPhones in India. Initially it was to escape the taxes put in place in this country. Then, the company expanded its production there for reasons of lower employee costs and to escape the trade war between the United States and China.
Over the weekend, Wistron-owned Bangalore iPhone production plant was ransacked by angry workers. The latter have not been paid for months when all salaries have been significantly reduced.

Apple announced that it had commissioned emissaries from Cupertino on the spot to investigate this and above all the causes that led to such problems.

[Update] New information tells us that the Wistron iPhone production site in India largely flouted (flexible) labor rules by underpaying employees, inflicting highly variable hours on them and imposing working conditions unacceptable.
In addition to that there was a clear lack of supervision of employees.
It will take time to establish responsibilities although the CEO of Wistron has announced his full cooperation in the ongoing investigation.
However, the local authorities seem to be complicit at this level as well because they want a quick return to work, fearing that these factories will be permanently abandoned.

https://macbidouille.com/news/2020/12/1 ... le-en-inde

Bastards of the poor! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/01/21, 09:10

Everything is going crazy ...

A box capable of putting more technology in a phone than that available to NASA to send guys to the moon ....

Unable to properly manage a factory ...

While for the price of a telephone they can bribe the leader who is doing well, who will send the police to look for the slaves to put them back to work manu militari ....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
let's save
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by let's save » 25/01/21, 10:02

Hello, it is indeed unfortunate to say! but I don't think Apple is the only company to do work in countries like India. It is already unfortunate to export work, so there is unemployment, but also to make children and adults work at a poverty price.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/01/21, 10:19

"When you think ... that it would be enough for people not to buy them anymore for it not to sell!"
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"