Socialize Econology on Facebook and Twitter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/07/11, 09:12

Christophe wrote:
Obamot wrote:First I don't think it comes from my access (adsl, hum)

No but it can come from your routing or your OS ... so try other sites with these buttons to see ...

Router Zyxel which cost me candy, 3Com switch ditto ... re-hum ... The upward and downward flows have recently been checked => everything OK.

Christophe wrote:Try an ubuntu live CD!

11.10 V. 3 Linux? I was already on UNIX for the last millennium, Môa Môssieur ... : Mrgreen:

Obamot wrote:
... you add parci, you find another nice / useful thing and you add by there ... Then after you remove some things,
b) anything when an old function is deleted (I have not removed masses)

hey, hey .... I was absolutely sure!

Christophe wrote:I don't know a lot of websites that haven't changed since 2004 ...

Sure also ... and so necessarily you have made updates, nan? Never? What about a “clean” resettlement? When is the last one? Windows or Unix kernel?

Christophe wrote:nothing remains, otherwise it can bug the whole site ...

Are you really strong, do you do the command line?

Christophe wrote:
Obamot wrote:.. when I type, the text stops sometimes ... [...]

???? What do you navigate with as a browser ??? 2002 version ???

FireFox, before last version (I never work on V. beta)
Safari, regular version delivered with the OS (similar result).

Christophe wrote:Ah if ok I understand better: if it freezes in the editing window (it's local !!) is that your computer is about to give up ...

It doesn't freeze it's lllllllleeeeeeeennnnnnttt. : Cheesy:

Christophe wrote:Really you should test elsewhere, do an update or start by thinking about changing it !!

Ah, ah, ah you recommend Ubuntu / Linux and you say that I should change ... I do not know what to do ... If ... I will reinstall Windaube ... ok -> [] jivéjivé ...

Christophe wrote:So start by testing a ubuntu live cd (test without any installation) you might be surprised, it works really well ...

I take your word for it, but I'm already in the most advanced Unix version possible for my machine (I just got the latest j-java for security, but planned for Intel, so separated ...)

I only know two sites that are slow like yours, I was admin for a while on a forum PhbBB V.3.x but without a site stuck to it ... with multiple frames and overloaded pages limits (not to death, of course worse, hey, hey)

I go to much more "heavy" sites like photo sites such as pbase.com, dpreview.com chassimages.com etc and never worry about such slowness .... Chassimages which is heavy and very busy:

... to the access page which is displayed almost in real time, at my home, when I refresh it ... Yet already 9 connections today!

But light pages, without frame or very little, and not much in it. Here, there are frames with frames, then with inside other frames with frame and even more (s) inside with buttons making calls to multiple heavy servers! Phew, phew, phew ...

I think the problem comes in particular from the node of the forum, from the design around the node and from your “old-style” layout of the Win-loose type with these redundancies of frames, frames, interactive buttons etc ... That you stick everywhere and in the end it smells like fir! : Mrgreen: It really is an "amateur" site design. We think we can get away with it, but that's without counting on the effect "Merry Christmas" Of the nicest effect... : Mrgreen: Your FaceBouc, Twitter etc ... buttons are redundant and sometimes placed inside several frames. When I had given tracks for the look of the site, you had maintained that the whole site had the same presentation. Now you know very well that this is not the case : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: All your pages are mounted a little differently ... you see, but you are crashing now ...
Last edited by Obamot the 19 / 07 / 11, 09: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/07/11, 09:38

But it's crazy how you continue to impose your idea which is false ... I will start to understand pb2488 !!

a) The only iframe of forum this is the google news ...

When you don't know how to distinguish an iframe, a table or a div ... you don't give a "lesson" or "good advice" from admin ...

b) If what you write takes a long time to appear on YOUR screen, it is freeze / lag from YOUR computer. Alain G in Canada has no problem.

When I said routing it was beyond your home ... peering are you better?

You just have to ping or better a traceroute from the different applications! I'm sure it's clean!

You did not answer on which browser you surf, in my opinion everything comes from there ...

c) That you were on Unix before 2000, waaw super me too and then you want a medal? The fact is that in 2011 you have a daubeuse machine.

d) no other member has complained from a desktop, does that give you an idea where your problem could come from?

So for the rest: no comment ... :| :| Ah if I advise you to create your own site / forum... so you can do what YOU WANT ... : Lol: : Lol:

You better spend your intellectual energy debating on more serious subjects like this thing that just came out: https://www.econologie.com/forums/fin-d-inte ... 10984.html : Evil:

ps: your only point that is defended is the redundancy of the buttons on the subjects page ... : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/07/11, 10:53

Christophe wrote:ps: your only point that is defended is the redundancy of the buttons on the subjects page ... : Idea:

Here I removed the redundancy of these buttons on the pages of the subjects (only for the members logged in for the moment, so you can test if it came from this redundancy by dislodging you ...)

But in my opinion, it will not change your problem ... : Idea:

I hope you're happy, you managed to make me change my mind ...then there are only zimbeciles ... etc ... : Cheesy:

ps: to capture the forum chassimage, that means nothing like that. It depends on the session you put for the count !! Can it be, 10 days, 1 day, 3h, 1h, 1 minute? At the choice of the admin! As it is not specified I don't know ... Here it was 5 minutes before and I took 1 hour for a few weeks ... but as I already told you it's a forum enthusiasts and there is a review behind and dozens of employees! So very different from forum as econology ...

But honestly I would be very surprised if they made 10 connections in 000 minutes! It's huge. I'm not even sure that "Facebook France" is at this figure (= 5 visitors per hour = 60 million visitors per day = 000 million per month ...) ... so you have to know what we're talking about ...

For example, if I put 1 day of active session, then I would get the same figures in order of magnitude on econo ... : Idea:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 19/07/11, 12:22

Pfiouu, luckily you are not the "bickering" type you aut '

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/07/11, 12:24

Christophe wrote:The imagination of webmasters has its limits ... especially when he has to spend his time on "moderation bickering" ... : roll: :| : Cheesy:

QED! Image
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/07/11, 20:24

It is noticeably better ...

What bothers you is the positioning of the buttons under this headrest:

Last active topics and messages (> []) (see unanswered topics). Site news

This is the last item to appear and it seems to be holding back everything. Now it is quite possible that it would also slow down if these buttons were elsewhere (because it will not prevent access to TweeterBouc servers).

I will study what you tell me carefully. We see that you are a fine bloodhound ... So ok, I may have been wrong.

Which browser to use under OSX 10.4.11 then? I tried Opera which seemed pretty good to me .... Mébon we'll see. I'll start by re-installing everything from my bk :| :| :|
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/07/11, 20:33

Well, ok, I just installed the FireFox 3.6.13 ... it's not instantaneous, but it's going ...... much better!

She is no longer beta ...

I'm going to update Java security, and so on...

To sum up, it's always the same, the banner with the same text + the buttons appear last, but everything goes much faster.

Case closed. Thank you, phew .... but furax against Mozilla!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/07/11, 21:14

About perfectible stuff on the site:

When we open a new subject, with the mouse we go to the last page (here page n ° 3). It is at this moment that the page is repositioned several times following by itself a few mm in a few fractions of seconds or seconds. Suddenly the click can trigger ..... everything around the position of the mouse (not the right page) .... it's just a little candy breaker : Mrgreen: Or then ... you have to wait for the biniou to stabilize : Mrgreen: before clicking.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/07/11, 21:22

Don't say that, you're going to get angry again : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

... so at home too it flashes, so ... :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/07/11, 21:48

Flytox wrote:When we open a new subject, with the mouse we go to the last page (here page n ° 3). It is at this moment that the page is repositioned several times following by itself a few mm in a few fractions of seconds or seconds. Suddenly the click can trigger ..... everything around the position of the mouse (not the right page) .... it's just a little candy breaker : Mrgreen: Or then ... you have to wait for the biniou to stabilize : Mrgreen: before clicking.

I see what you mean and yes I found the same on all my browsers is the facebook button that does that, I have an idea to correct this defect. I'm testing soon.

By cons on your capture you should no longer see the Twitbouc buttons under the subject title? Weren't you logged in?

ps: hey yes i'm a fine bloodhound : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"