WES server

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

WES server

by PITMIX » 12/02/17, 19:34

Hello,
I do not know if you know this system, but a colleague of mine showed me his installation with a WES server.
It's very nice to see live counters and me what I like is the possibility to program functions online to make the regulation.
My project is to install one for regulating my solar water heater, my boiler for hot water and heating.

server-wes.jpg
server-wes.jpg (84.43 KB) Accessed 6875 times

So it will give me a controllable and viewable installation on my smartphone for not too expensive, and without having to install a box MyFox kind or another.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Server WES

by chatelot16 » 12/02/17, 21:16

I need the same kind of thing, and it is in my project to use a raspberry pi, my climb a manufacturing adapter card for reliable power output and entered adapted

for my needs that must manage the energy production thus measure the current and calculate the real power and the direction of flow of energy, that does not seem to the wes: it simply records the current

to calculate the power you need a processor fast enough to do the multiplication in real time between voltage and current, I think the raspbery can do it
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 12/02/17, 23:16

Yes and raspberry pi is also an option but there is beyond my skills.
Regarding the meaning of energy it may be easier to measure the outgoing energy for example with a clamp meter on taking your fridge and subtract the incoming energy with a clamp on the photovoltaic panels.
I do not know what your project, but this is how I proceed.
I saw that they also have electric meters minis maybe it could match your needs.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/02/17, 10:51

wes this is a boring product! usable immediately without inventing anything ... unlike the raspberry that needs a lot of work around, to go from the computer to the control system: for example in its origne raspbery the state does not know manage the cut current: he murders the sdcard if the cut occurs during writing, the first work to the automation and not the bete computer is a sensor in the diet that stops the software before power was empty

the website that sells this wes also sells electronic counters a price interressant

but I am suspicious of these small counter, I have already bought other brands and they expect positive 2 in the direction of passage of energy: unusable for monitoring and mixing of producer Customer Review

I would have to counter that count in only one direction and to 2 beches head ... currently the only electronic meter that I used for this is a big counter Sagem kind EDF ... but too expensive to be a solution reproduce

if I managed to do this calculation in raspberry will replace 2 counter beche tete, and will function as aditional piloting a Customer Review apareille not inject EDF as he did not want
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/02/17, 18:16

To my solar water heater I put a Maxisun
It certainly does not natively, the Teleinfo function but it can regulate just ready anything and everything to see / drive by a web interface
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 15/02/17, 08:12

Well, I ordered. The thing is that I will have a big installation job because he'll have to pass the cable!
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 22/02/17, 09:56

Hello,
Here I received my Wes Server. I'm just a small temporary mounting to understand programming and see how it works.
No need to get a school programming in Automation is very simple, just fill a table with the conditions that we want and the inputs and outputs to enable.
I simulated a small program with hours of normal orders / reduced heating the house.
Well, here the temperatures correspond to nothing since the server is in my unheated garage and wanted to see if the contact metamorphosis began and was cut according to room temperature and set point that I entered.
Screenshot_2017-02-22-09-36-31.png
Wes programming page
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 26/02/17, 09:27

Hello, yesterday I started to wire the Wes in an electrical cabinet that should have gone in the trash.
The advantage is that this box has 4 DIN rail rows. This leaves room for the Wes, an extension with 8 configurable contacts, 4 power relay to avoid overloading devices relays, an 2A circuit breaker, an RJ12 power strip, which allows the connection of probes and of the extension, and the 4 ammeter clamps.
I programmed all the contacts that I will use to regulate; my heating with 3 different instructions according to occupancy; my water heater for snaps if the sun was not effective enough (I still work on the way to find a program that is both energy efficient and effective in terms of comfort). I also programmed two levels of intensity on the Meter PV to send me an email when the photovoltaic product 1A under 230V then another email when it reaches 2A.
We now I plug it, at home, on my heating systems, hot water and electric : Lol:

Wes25 box-02-2017.jpg
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 04/03/17, 08:16

Hello,
During my on-call week I had a little time to connect to my home Wes installation and it was not an easy task. :?
I have first opportunity to remake the General Electrical Panel of which dated 70 years.
IMG_20170228_075707.jpg

Here is the new schedule:
IMG_20170228_075634.jpg

Wes cabinet asked:
IMG_20170228_145125.jpg

I modified my plumbing so that my boiler was again connected to the hot water circulation, I took the opportunity to simplify the circuit because between the solar, the plate heat exchanger, the pumps, the circulation was a real "gas plant" : Oops:
network hot water 28.01.jpeg
network hot water 28.01.jpeg (30.99 KB) Viewed times 6701

Now everything is ready or almost, I can control the heating and hot water to the house by WEB interface. I can also see the photovoltaic production and display intensities on 4 parts of my electrical installation.

Right now I'm in the adjustment phase and optimization of temperature setpoints to have a great comfort and possible energy savings.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 04/03/17, 09:31

Here is the diagram showing the setup of my control circuit.
The steering is via the WES by internal relay but I have not connected the relay WES directly to electrical devices to drive.
I installed external relay (I relayed the relay : Mrgreen: ) To prevent wear and overload of internal relay WES.
The programming therefore comprises 4 RL1 relay RL4 in the current configuration, they allow to modulate the ambient temperature of the house and the control of hot water, depending on the presence or absence of hours, depending on the day or night and based on solar booster. The hot water circulation pump is activated by a motion sensor to lock it only when there is someone who moves into the house. No need to circulate hot water at night when we sleep or when you are on the couch : roll:
I have not yet connected the external RL3 the solar pump. Currently it operates autonomously via the old solar controller.
I have not yet connected the external relay RL AUX for controlling the resistance of the electric ball.
For the moment the ball is simply thermostat to OFF, since it is the boiler that heats water priority (CNG cheaper than electricity and a lot faster to heat!).
2017.jpeg installation diagram
2017.jpeg installation diagram (46.67 KB) Viewed times 6698
0 x