WES server

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Server WES

by lilian07 » 04/03/17, 11:47

Hello,
Interesting this WES server I will probably order one even if I started in the Arduino for particular manage a solar installation consisting of Pv and thermal.

As the objective being autonomy, I also "reroute" the lost energy from the PV to the DHW instead of injecting it into the edf network.

To simplify the power calculations (phase shift voltage - current on a frequency of 50 Hz) which is hidden behind the installation of reroutage of the lost energy I realize this assembly.

FullSizeRender.jpg

So I look at the difference in current that I measure by current sensor (hall effect) and then I regulate the power injected into the ECS by a power variator. All calculated and driven by Arduino. I'm in the programming phase because with the Arduino it is necessary.

The interest with the WES server is the access to remote control / reporting with ease.

To be continued
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 08/03/17, 15:54

Hello lilian07
Actually I do not know anything about Arduino : Oops:
As far as I am concerned, the wes is a good way to control my installation in a simple way with only a few probes and some relays, but actually if you seek autonomy, it is necessary to envisage a good management of the energy.
Currently I use my boilers extra for the ECS because the sun does not heat the water Autonomy from the month of April at home. To heat my 200L hot water tank I need about 6 to 8kWh, according to what I observed. I use the boiler rather than electricity because the heating time is divided by 4 see 5 with my boiler. It allows to heat the water by the sun as soon as it is nice but if the evening from 16h the balloon is not at 50 ° C the boiler takes over and heat the water in a few tens of minutes. With the electric ball you need 4h. The problem of PV is that it will produce electricity at the same time that the balloon will heat by the thermal so unless you store massively in batteries ... so if the sun is low it is necessary to provide a system fast heating for comfort. You need a kind of Rocket Stove to heat the water "rapido".
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/03/17, 16:41

lilian07 wrote:Hello,
Interesting this WES server I will probably order one even if I started in the Arduino for particular manage a solar installation consisting of Pv and thermal.

As the objective being autonomy, I also "reroute" the lost energy from the PV to the DHW instead of injecting it into the edf network.

To simplify the power calculations (phase shift voltage - current on a frequency of 50 Hz) which is hidden behind the installation of reroutage of the lost energy I realize this assembly.

FullSizeRender.jpg

So I look at the difference in current that I measure by current sensor (hall effect) and then I regulate the power injected into the ECS by a power variator. All calculated and driven by Arduino. I'm in the programming phase because with the Arduino it is necessary.

The interest with the WES server is the access to remote control / reporting with ease.

To be continued
the calculations are not so simple in alternative

when you measure 3A on the photovoltaic it is 3A with cos phi = 1 because the inverter makes the current well in phase

when you measure 3A on the consomation of the house it can be fridge, freezer, or other inductive device, and it takes less power than 3A electric radiator: conclusion there is the power rab and the current injected has edf n is not zero

fortunately the error can only be in this sense: a simple measurement of the current will make you sometimes send back a little power to edf, but never make you waste of the power that you do not produce

but I find it a pity to measure only the current ... it's so much more interesting to measure the power ... but alas a microphone of the arduino category is not able to do it

a raspbery mic could do it at the level of computing power, but has no analog input ... no matter we can add more precise digital analog circuit than those of the arduino
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 08/03/17, 19:06

Not having full control of the Arduino I realized this simple assembly that is not nominal as you said because of the Cos phi generated by the inductive / capacitive circuit.
On the other hand on the power of the arduino, the latter allows the analysis in real time of the phase shift.
https://shop.openenergymonitor.com/
A bit expensive ...
An enthusiast who sells Arduino kits
http://www.mk2pvrouter.co.uk/
More affordable ....
On a famous sales site we find even more simple equipment to connect.
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/201587547528?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I am currently interested more in the Arduino because it is closer to electronics and it includes the possibility of evolving in other field in particular with the addition of its innumerable very cheap "shields" which allow to add dedicated subsystems very simply.

Finally, there is a programming system by block visual Ardublock (building game) for retaining programming and to simply control most of our facilities, very educational tool that allows the extreme to drive a robot anyway.

I find the principle of 'rerouting' very interesting in association with PV, for me it is a further step towards self-consumption in "all simplicity" knowing that currently a PV (cheap) is more efficient (profitable) than '' a tube sensor for thermal ...
0 x