Power Saver on the meter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
lojeti
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Power Saver on the meter

by lojeti » 29/10/10, 11:04

Hello,
I was sent an advertisement for an electricity saver that plugs into a single electrical outlet for the whole house and that would save up to 48% of electricity by stabilizing voltages.
Maybe you have already talked about this type of device on the forum but i didn't find anything.
To tell the truth, I don't know how electricity works, but they say that it is based on the technology used in AML but for the whole house? ? ?

Do you think this is possible? Has anyone tried it yet?

Thank you for your answers.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/10, 11:39

I have not tested but I have heard of it.

Yes it works in theory (a device will consume more at 235V than 225V) but to say that this saves up to 48% is largely exaggerated ...

Stabilizing the current allows I think to gain 5 to 10% ...

Against example: a heating which operates under 220V will consume less power but also heat less strongly than under 235V ... therefore in the end under 220V it will have to operate longer ... and therefore the amount of energy consumed will be the same .

In addition, the regulation of the network voltage (now managed by computer) has become fairly stable and dealing with a voltage that requires power is difficult to do technologically, so the economizer will necessarily be expensive.

ps: what is LBC?
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 05 / 11, 11: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
lojeti
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lojeti » 02/11/10, 23:40

Thank you, I said to myself too ...
LBC is low energy lamp, sorry.

I will see if there are other opinions, but I will not invest for the moment (48 euros, I think).

good night,
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/11/10, 00:16

it smells like a simple scam!
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 03/11/10, 00:56

P = UI
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 03/11/10, 08:39

Okay, I don't see how the current tensions are not stable in France, and I don't see how it hinders the majority of electrical devices, knowing that those who could be embarrassed already have the necessary and sufficient regulations .

Lowering the voltages is used for public lighting, but above all because the resulting drop in light output has no effect, and no one is aware of the installation of these systems, apart from the city ​​hall budget.

So much so that the real question seems rather to focus on the real usefulness of public lighting, now that everyone can have their portable lighting for much less than the taxes they pay for this service ...
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/11/10, 14:15

Lojeti wrote:Thank you, I said to myself too ...
LBC is low energy lamp, sorry.

You're welcome, but I still don't see the connection between an AML and this kind of device ... proof that the seller gets its fill of electricity ...

Lojeti wrote:I will see if there are other opinions, but I will not invest for the moment (48 euros, I think).

good night,

Uh at 48 euros, it can only be stew ...

The "current smoothers" devices I was talking about cost 10 times more expensive ... power electronics quickly get expensive.

Save your 48 € instead to buy 2 SMD LED bulbs :) https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-359.html

There at least will actually save something.
: Mrgreen:

I think the subject is closed. You can tell me in a private message what it was exactly if you want : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/11/10, 15:55

There is however a system which makes imperceptible micro cuts in its supply, and these cuts are "bought back" by operators who use this system to avoid buying much more expensive current at peak times. It's called the bluepod, bluebox ... or something ... I had seen it on TV a short time ago ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/11/10, 19:08

Obamot wrote:There is however a system which makes imperceptible micro cuts in its supply, and these cuts are "bought back" by operators who use this system to avoid buying much more expensive current at peak times. It's called the bluepod, bluebox ... or something ... I had seen it on TV a short time ago ...

In this it may be the Swiss version, in France it is called Voltalis: https://www.econologie.com/forums/edf-voltal ... t7982.html

It is not micro cut-off but load shedding of large consumption in case of under frequency / peak period on the network to help its stability.

It must have appealed to EDF, RTE and ERDF but apparently not ... because they want to keep "control" on their network ... or I do not know what obscure excuse ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 03/11/10, 20:24

I saw a little while ago, a system which proposes to play on the frequency to control the loads in a simple way. If the frequency drops a little below 50Hz, the loads must lower their consumption. And if the frequency increases a little, the charges can increase their consumption.

I found this intelligent system ... But I forgot the source :frown:
0 x
See you soon !