Power Saver on the meter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/10, 09:29

Interesting but incomplete ... I persist ...

When we do an analysis we take all the data or we do not conclude!

It is precisely it is because heating, DHW and cooking represent a heavy part that we should talk about putting them forward. As Jancovici would say: putting fluorescent bulbs in an electrically heated home will not change anything, except to raise awareness ... it can even have the opposite effect: "I put eco bulbs, I can heat a little more..."

Fault...
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 04/11/10, 10:58

Christophe wrote: As Jancovici would say: putting fluorescent bulbs in an electrically heated home will not change anything, except to raise awareness ... it can even have the opposite effect: "I put eco bulbs, I can heat a little more..."

Interesting but incomplete

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Only during the heating period, only in heated rooms, not necessarily in the right place at the right time ....

We can even see the opposite case where it is necessary to air condition 3kW of halogen lighting ...
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/10, 11:22

aerialcastor wrote:We can even see the opposite case where it is necessary to air condition 3kW of halogen lighting ...

Absolutely, this is one more advantage that we do not put forward enough regarding the economic lighting ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/11/10, 11:47

bernardd wrote:
Obamot wrote:Note after the hour in question, the fridge will row for a while to restore the temperature. So we should qmm calculate the real gain ...

A fridge or freezer is perfectly capable of keeping its temperature for several hours. And it would not take much to add a reserve of ice, so that all the fridge / freezers can use only solar production, without consumption at night.

Ok, so it works! In this case, it would be a "citizen consumption cut!" (Since the part saved is not "sold / redeemed" in this case ...) Once again, our company organization is wrong in the stakes and the rules of the game!
It is indeed the world of finance that governs all this, by the laws of the market (supply VS demand), so as long as energy is cheap and abundant, we are tempted not to find the "right measures" since 'we resonate with our heads in a bag! : Shock:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/11/10, 13:44

boubka wrote:P = UI
In direct current, yes ...
In alternating current, it is: P = IU (Cos Phi)

The scientific-marketing argument of these products consists in bringing the Cos Phi closest to 1.

This subject had been dealt with on forum he has a lot of time in the subject MegaPowerSafe Electricity Saver
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/11/10, 18:17

More exactly with non sinusoidal current (the case if twisted device at the neighbors or at home with thyristors or something else !!)
P = integral of the product U (t) xI (t) dt
over a second over dt times which can be very short sometimes like the microsecond !!
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 04/11/10, 21:25

Christophe wrote:

You are absolutely right about the method. Should be cut between 18 p.m. and 30 p.m.
Do you do it yourself? If yes, between what time and what time?

No, I don't do it because I heat up with gas.
I think that 2 hours do not harm the freezer, provided you do not open it during this time
I think 1h1 / 4 should be enough to avoid the peak
RTE gives the forecast curve. I think that from one week to another there should not be any significant difference. A small programmer should be enough to take care of the chore
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 04/11/10, 22:41

hello citro
The scientific-marketing argument of these products consists in bringing the Cos Phi closest to 1.

I wanted to make it short (even very short ... 3 letters)
in domestic there is very, very little reagent ... nothing to gain ... a misery.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/11/10, 22:54

boubka wrote:
I wanted to make it short (even very short ... 3 letters)
in domestic there is very, very little reagent ... nothing to gain ... a misery.
My electric cars each consume more than 3400W when charging the batteries.
The Cos Phi displayed on my energy meter is between 0,5 and 0,6. :?
Do you think I can put my Cos Phi back and for what material budget ... :?:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/11/10, 23:01

What's the use of improving your cos phi since your EDF meter only has real power?

it is the big factory which also has reactive power meter and which pays extra in case of bad cos phi

for an individual improving the cos phi only serves to avoid blowing the circuit breaker if the subscription is a little too small
0 x