Save by cutting the refrigerator in peak hours?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 26/10/06, 09:36

In hibernation mode, the computer dumps all the RAM on the disk: the file size is at least equal to the size of the PC's RAM.
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 26/10/06, 11:02

Thank you renaud67 for this clarification, I did not know how it could work.

If not, another possible computer trick, but to test with a PM230, is to use a "downcloaking" utility, which allows you to limit the frequency or even the voltage of the processor. These programs are used on laptops to increase battery life. It exists on Win and Linux (a look in the Debian or Ubuntu repositories and hop! Finished !!)

It's still terrible to get to grips with these damn overpowered contraptions that most people use for Office and the Internet ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/10/06, 17:44

Rulian said:

It's still terrible to get to grips with these damn super powerful devices that most people use for Office and Internet

1) It's like cars: do you need 140 CV to go to the office?
2) It's true, finally I could almost still settle for an AT286 at the office, but, there is all the audiovisual
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/10/06, 17:58

Rulian said:

It's still terrible to get to grips with these damn super powerful devices that most people use for Office and Internet

1) It's like cars: do you need 140 CV to go to the office?
2) It's true, finally I could almost still settle for an AT286 at the office, but, there is all the audiovisual
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/10/06, 19:01

Hiccups?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"