UV hazard or not with a plant lamp?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
delnoram

by delnoram » 14/11/09, 21:32

In this sentence I guess
Compact fluorescent bulb for PAR30 format spotlights and projectors whose spectrum is optimized to promote photosynthesis (UVB and UVA + Infrared) plant growth see spectrum below:

Otherwise, except special glass or quartz, the glass of the bulb already limits the passage of UV rays.
If you can, you should put a glass or PMMA (plexiglass) separation window.

Another thing, do not forget either that in small quantities UV radiation is beneficial and essential for the synthesis of vitamin D
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/11/09, 00:20

Bonjour Christophe

I hadn't looked at the link, I think there is a joke on this page.

https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-147.html

What there is in parenthesis seems wrong to me, they should say instead, that the illumination is concentrated on the "blue" in the 450 nm and the "red" in the 750 nm. If UVA and / or UVB are produced, they do not come out of the bulb (filtered), and fortunately for the good health of our fellow citizens and our favorite plants. There are infrared and it gets hot, normal ...: Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/11/09, 16:03

Flytox wrote:UVB rays are dangerous for the eyesight, the skin etc ... and it should be used under UV-opaque cover and with many recommendations !!! The only smart object I have seen using UVB is a machine to "sterilize" hairdressing equipment (scissors, combs etc.) at the hairdresser. UVB rays destroy lice, nits .....

I think you're confusing, the sources used for this kind of application are UVC sources (like for water sterilizers)
These are indeed very dangerous. I believe that it is enough to look at a UVC source for barely 10 minutes to make the cornea of ​​the eye opaque (and therefore to be blind)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/09, 18:45

Well it's me wrote this text and I only "copy / paste" the information provided by Megaman ...

So there would be greed at the "source"?

UVA and UVB are UV therefore below 400 nm ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/11/09, 19:02

Well observed Forhorse, the air disinfection to be done effectively in the UVC:

http://www.gls.fr/memotec28.htm

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 16/11/09, 18:59

http://www.megaman.cc/global/products/esl.php?s=18
christophe, on the page above, you can have access to certain bulbs, I looked, and they do not speak of UV.

I don't know where you saw that for UV rays, but as you say, there may be a basic error

a+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/09, 19:07

Well I read that on the box of the bulb probably ...
I didn't make it up.

Do you still have the box of yours to check if it is still indicated? Otherwise I will look in our stock ...

ps: +1 for UV-C I confirm (air, water ...) UVC breaks everything ... even the eyes! : Cheesy: Not sure that the sun emits a lot ...

What is a solarium like?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 16/11/09, 19:22

Christophe wrote:What is a solarium like?

UVA UVB it seems to me, by the way on forum Dedicated there are a lot of complaints about the low production of fluorescent UV bulbs
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/11/09, 19:29

Ok, so we could sunbathe under the plant bulbs? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/11/09, 20:55

Must take inactinic tubes (?) Like those used in photoengraving (or to make printed circuits) it must be effective for tanning ... on the other hand its not super good for the eyes either (remember having looked at it once, I had a really bad headache after not even 1 minute : roll: )

NB: it's a joke eh, in my opinion this kind of tube is also very bad for the skin
0 x