Replacement halogen lamp with dimmer ???

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
draftii
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Replacement halogen lamp with dimmer ???

by draftii » 29/09/09, 10:00

Hello,

I'm kind of new on this forum and I start to look closely at my power consumption.

I recently bought a power meter, the EM230 (everyone talks about the PM230 but not this one, why? It's not the same?) And I was able to test the consumption of some of my equipment (LCD TV, PC, lamps ...)

At home, I have a regulator halogen and while testing, I noticed that it consumed between 130 and 195W, which is normal (halogen requires). But I would like to know if there are halogen bulbs called "low consumption"?

These are tube-shaped bulbs that I have to put in my "halogen".

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 10:29

Hi and welcome,

A) We talk more about the PM because the PM is much older (released in 2003 I believe) while the EM has just been released (2009). It is therefore logical that we talk about it "less".

B) What is the base you use? R7s 118 mm I presume?

: Arrow: At the moment there is no variable halogen bulb in R7s but there are compact fluorescent bulbs (25 W equivalent 125W) economic and LED bulbs

You can use your lamp by "always fully" the dimmer but especially not to touch it in operation because that would shoot the bulb (from a certain voltage, style 200-210 V). You can put stotch to block the dimmer if you have children.

C) Otherwise there exists since 2008 a range of compact fluorescent bulbs compatible with voltage variators but in "classic" base: GU10, E14 and E27.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/09/09, 13:56

Christophe wrote:
You can use your lamp by "always fully" the dimmer but especially not to touch it in operation because that would shoot the bulb (from a certain voltage, style 200-210 V). You can put stotch to block the dimmer if you have children.

Or more simply, replace the "pedal variator" by a "pedal switch" (like "button to be pressed by pressing on it with the foot"). In fact, halogens with this type of dimmer are generally plugged into a socket ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 14:03

Yes we did it at home but it's more complicated than stotch. : Cheesy:

Sometimes, in addition to the dimmer, there is a built-in foot switch.
0 x
draftii
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by draftii » 29/09/09, 17:59

First of all thank you for your answers.

Then, it is true that I saw voltage dimmer bulbs classic but here on my halogen is not a classic base.

In addition, the dimmer is integrated in the ignition, that is to say that I turn a button that is on the halogen to turn it on and regulate at the same time and I do not really want to make changes (c is integrated with the foot).

Hence my search for an "eco" bulb with voltage variator for my halogen.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 18:03

So you have to be:

a) tape and tape shot each time (not cool)
b) replaced by an interrupeur on foot as suggested by elephant (it costs 3 € in a brico). We did it takes you 10 min and you win gratos a voltage variator for something else! :)
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 29/09/09, 20:36

I also saw this type of low consumption lamp on the Econologie shop, but I was wondering how it looks like on a suspended chandelier, because the height of this lamp seems very important. No doubt that once mounted, it will be visible directly from the ground.

Christophe, is it possible to have a picture that shows this lamp in situation on a lamppost for example?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 30/09/09, 11:14

If I understand correctly, the draftii variator is integrated in the foot. I see the model.

In this case, if you want the savings but without the variations, with a certain comfort:

1) block the wheel at the bottom (stick it from behind?)

2) connect the lamp to a remote control switch if you want to escape the chore of plugging / unplugging the plug at each turn off (not sure that the plug withstands long!).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/09, 11:20

Korben Dallas wrote:Christophe, is it possible to have a picture that shows this lamp in situation on a lamppost for example?

I don't have any on hand, but some customers have done so (fitting in a halogen floor lamp, very fashionable a few years ago). It protrudes a little but it's not too annoying because the "dome" is often directed upwards. Sometimes it is also necessary to modify the reflector a little (generally in aluminum sheet) so that the bulb fits (larger base).

In short, look, it's "no worse" than a fluorescent tube bulb mounted in a light where the bulb is visible ...

Draftii, I had not read that it was integrated in the foot (never seen) so must do what did67 offers! No choice! Put a switch is not the sea to drink ...
0 x