Recycling of low-energy bulb = cata?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Recycling of low-energy bulb = cata?

by phil53 » 30/07/09, 10:49

I invite you to listen to the arguments of this journalist, they are not devoid of logic
http://www.agirpourlaplanete.com/compon ... le/88.html

There are still quite a few stores that do not take out broken bulbs, not to mention some who will not ask the question and put the bulb in the trash. I still regularly find batteries in the street.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/07/09, 10:53

I did not click on the link but I guess from your comments what it says.

What to answer if it is not: it is not because there are some bad apples that the whole flock must be slaughtered ...

ps: I clicked finally, it points to the "famous" video concerning EM waves from fluorescent bulbs, nothing to do with recycling or almost nothing !! Moreover, it is not a journalist but an author of more or less scientific books ... who tries to advertise via this video which has already been filmed here ... to forget!
0 x
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 30/07/09, 12:35

Hello everybody

This is my 1st message on the forum but I have been following you for some time. I decided to register yesterday for myself too trying to make my small contribution.

In short, to return to the subject, I too found an article on a blog that spoke of the harmful consequences of low-consumption light bulbs.

Basically, the author spoke of the risks of exposure to mercury in the event of a bulb breaking (mercury thermometers have been banned in France for this reason).
He also talked about the problems related to the magnetic field emitted by these bulbs and the risks that this could cause on health in the event of long exposure to less than 30 cm from the bulb (ex: bedside lamp, desk ... ). It even seems to me that he was talking about a recommendation made by an official body on this subject.

What do you think ?

I am trying to find the article in question to post it to you.
0 x
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 30/07/09, 14:50

heard also madpenguin, anyway we will not know if these bulbs increases the risk of cancer or not because if the authorities want to sell them they must not be harmful.
After that, I don't think that it is to their advantage economically speaking because hospitalization in cancer costs much more than destroying "normal" blisters.
I am equipped with low consumption bulbs, not everywhere in my home.
After I think we will never know the truth or too late if they are harmful to health because I remind you of a fact of April 1986 when a nuclear cloud stopped at the French borders except that by chance there is an increase in thyroid cancer and thyroid disorders in the rhone alpes region which is the most affected.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/07/09, 15:15

Hey cocos, if there was, really, a risk of cancer with fluorescent bulbs, explain to me pkoi almost all hospitals in the world have been equipped with fluorescent tubes for decades?

And no medical social studies have never, never, been published in this direction????

Fluorescent tubes have been used for 80 to 90 years, much longer than GSM ... yet on the latter; studies flourish!
(the linked crossover is another debate)

Look at this: https://www.econologie.com/ondes-magneti ... -3832.html
and that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5LRKHthWE

And please, stop believing the bullying of certain lobbies ... or sects ...

And don't get the wrong target!
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 30/07/09, 15:30

By cons I want to believe that at the recycling level there is a lot to do.

Randomly like that. Why the electronics of the compact fluorescent bulb is not integrated into the luminaire as is the case of fluorescent tubes !!!!

Technically it's very simple
It's more economical
It's more ecological
It's better for health (more optimized and better electronics -> less radiation) : Lol:

And it's so logical !!!!
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 30/07/09, 15:56

I found the article in question:
http://servumpecus.canalblog.com/archives/2007/11/27/

And there is another one on the same blog:
http://servumpecus.canalblog.com/archives/2008/11/07/

The two organizations warning against electromagnetic radiation emitted by low-consumption lamps are Criirem (in France) and Arca Iberica (in Spain).
To answer Christophe, according to the study carried out, the danger would be mainly present in the event of exposure to less than 30 cm from the bulb, which should not be the case in hospitals (nor in most cases use of low consumption tubes or lamps). On the other hand, for use as a bedside or desk lamp, this is more problematic.
In any case, it is not this part of the study that worries me the most (except that I would rather be for information made to the public concerning this type of use).

I worry more about the toxic side of these lamps. Indeed, what about the pollution caused by mercury from lamps that will not be recycled? And what about the dangers that will be taken by people who accidentally break a lamp? How many times have you broken a light bulb while handling it?
How many people do you think are aware that these lamps are toxic?

I am not against low consumption lamps but now that they have become or will become a mass-sold product, we should perhaps worry about the information given to consumers (who for the most part are not interested in the question and just want to have light when it's dark).

Last remark: has anyone already done a complete energy balance concerning these lamps? By this I mean that the energy saved by a lamp is so important if we take into account the manufacture and recycling / treatment of lamps?

Edit:

nialabert wrote:Why the electronics of the compact fluorescent bulb is not integrated into the luminaire as is the case of fluorescent tubes !!!!

+1
0 x
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 30/07/09, 17:18

If it's mercury that worries you, take a look at it:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgame_dentaire

I would be curious to know how many low-consumption ampoules should be swallowed to be exposed to a dose equivalent to that of our dental fillings ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Recycling of low consumption light bulbs = cata?

by jlt22 » 30/07/09, 19:59

phil53 wrote:I invite you to listen to the arguments of this journalist, they are not devoid of logic
http://www.agirpourlaplanete.com/compon ... le/88.html

The journalist makes a quick link and I would say lying about prostate cancer in Gadeloupe.
She is not aware of the big problems of Guadeloupe and the Caribbean in general, the earth has been poisoned by a pesticide called chlordecorne, all sources are contaminated, and prostate cancer did not wait for the lamps to low consumption.
Source:PESTICIDES revelation on a French scandal by François Nicolino and François Veillerette published by Fayard in February 2008 (see chapter 4)
This book cites all of its sources

On the Senate website

http://www.senat.fr/rap/r08-487/r08-4871.pdf

Even if he does not implicitly admit it, they talk about it in Chapter IV

In view of these 2 documents, the words of the journalist in question therefore seem very directed.
0 x
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 31/07/09, 23:50

Nice what forum... hardly arrived, and we get beaten up !!! : Cry: I must say that in eco-convinced, I'm used to it but hey, I didn't think it would happen to me here! :?

Well maybe it's because I arrived posting on a sensitive subject ...
So before continuing on this subject I would like to know if it is possible to discuss it or if anyone who dares to say a little bad about CFLs (Fluoro Compact Lamps) will be cataloged as being part of a sect or a lobby any?

Yes, because I may have expressed myself poorly, but the purpose of my first intervention was to know whether the words I read here or there could be confirmed or denied. Not being an expert on the subject, I do not in any case come to preach the good (or the bad) word, I just wonder about the positive or negative impacts on the environment and health that are likely to have. ban of incandescent bulbs for the benefit of CFLs in the coming years.

Now I may not be having fun detailing my point of view if it does not interest anyone and worse if I am treated of $% @ # as soon as I make a remark that would not go in your direction.

So if you are interested in the subject, come forward. I will expand on my remarks and we can discuss the truth of the facts calmly and calmly. I promise you that my mind will be open to your comments because I repeat I did not come here to preach the good word but to try to see more clearly in what we are offered. Basically, I'm just a lost sheep ... :) Good on the other hand if you could on your side be open to my remarks that would be cool !!!
0 x