LED recycling?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

LED recycling?

by fthanron » 05/12/11, 10:50

Hello,

At home, LED bulbs are gradually taking precedence over other technologies.

Ok, that's nice, but when one of these bulbs slams (it hasn't happened yet ... cool), what to do with it?
The recycling devices available in supermarkets offer: fluorescent tubes, incandescent but not LED.

I have been looking for information about recycling LEDs and derived bulbs for some time now and I am on very meager ground.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks in advance !
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/11, 10:53

LED bulbs are classified like other electronic devices (computer, mobile phone ...).

They do not require any particular precaution as for "tube" bulbs.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/12/11, 10:59

I hope that they recycle well..when I see the breakage that I have with those which come from pearl diffusion ... Soon on the 20 bulbs of the two chandeliers of the stay, I will only have 6 fluorescent megaman .. (which amply suffices) ..
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/12/11, 14:10

Even LEDs have dangerous atoms like arsenic and many others like rare earths, in small quantities:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospho-ar ... de_gallium
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_%C3% ... minescente

but it is not zero, even if much less than fluorescent with 5 mg of mercury each !!
So to report too !!

Often they die because of a single dead LED on a series collection and therefore we can regenerate by changing the dead LED !!!

In addition, avoid any heating, even very slight, such as 10 ° C more (life divided by 2 with about 10 ° C more ) due to poor ventilation, shade, closed environment, curtain, etc., even if we are unable to detect this heating.

The rare earths will be exhausted before oil, except in China !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/11, 15:32

Macro wrote:I hope that they recycle well..when I see the breakage that I have with those which come from pearl diffusion ... Soon on the 20 bulbs of the two chandeliers of the stay, I will only have 6 fluorescent megaman .. (which amply suffices) ..

Oh yes, when you buy m € rd € ... don't be surprised to fill the trash ! It was my saying of the day : Cheesy:

The Megaman obviously come from the store of your forum preferred eh? : Idea: : Cheesy: economic and LED bulbs

Megaman has also just released LED bulbs ... well at a "reasonable" price: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-426.html et https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-425.html

Megaman gives them for 20 to 25 hours ...

I say reasonable because before it was between 50 and 100 € the bulb ... do not push!
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 05/12/11, 18:56

Thanks for the answers.

So if I understand correctly, bulbs, garlands and other LED products are deposited in electronic waste collection centers and presto it will be treated by specialized companies in Europe or sent to Africa for example to pile up in landfills as seen in Scheduled obsolescence , That's right ?

So to be concrete, what serious legal person recycles this kind of waste in France?
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/11, 19:07

Yes that's it !

Welcome to a consumer and growth society!

The fridge in the former eastern block should last (specifications) 20 to 25 years ... ours currently: 5 to 10 years ... but it was "them" the big bad guys to destroy .. . (Obviously we were raised in consumerist propaganda ...)

Explained in this Arte doc to see: https://www.econologie.com/pret-a-jeter- ... -4380.html

If we buy better quality products, more expensive it is, but more sustainable, the environment wins in addition to your wallet! Example with Megaman bulbs ... but most people still only see the initial purchase price ... so they get smoked ... (buy 3 Ikeo bulbs for € 5 ...)

Otherwise, there are the "green stamped stuff" and over billed (look for dozens of shops on the net) ... Again, a big scam because all money earned / spent is a source of pollution ... We can not be expensive and green...

Difficult to find the right compromise ... cheap and durable ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/12/11, 21:03

Macro wrote:I hope that they recycle well..when I see the breakage that I have with those which come from pearl diffusion ... Soon on the 20 bulbs of the two chandeliers of the stay, I will only have 6 fluorescent megaman .. (which amply suffices) ..

Same experience: 10 LED bulbs 220V to light the aisle in front of the house. Within 6 months, 6 or 7 were slammed. Today, a year later, I have one left.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/12/11, 21:31

Eh, yes, with the Chinese LEDs, scrapped during manufacture, and recycled at low prices, they have to be cooled to the max, with liquid nitrogen, they would still work, and especially not in the summer sun, in a box , 80 ° C !!!

And buy from Christophe !!!
And return the ones that don't make 50000 to 80000 hours (10 years).

:D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/11, 21:52

Ah I find there dedeleco one who advocates who gives good advice to others but does not apply it to himself: I don't think we have you as a client ... am I wrong?

:|

For the 10 year guarantee, do you want a March too?

The advertised lifespan is not guaranteed, and it has never been so anywhere. It is a probable lifespan (the edf and erdf network is responsible for a lot of damage to household appliances over 10 years but remains totally "out of the question" of course ...).

We chose the products with care for their manufacturing quality ...
Considering what a service return costs ... products exceeding 1% service return within 2 years are removed from the catalog ...

We have a 2 year warranty on all bulbs. Few sellers in France or on the net can say the same ...

You do what you want with these facts ... but they are facts ... and we try to manage the shop as best we can in an ultra difficult context where the hucksters are legion ...

So jokes like you can do without ...

Did67 wrote:Same experience: 10 LED bulbs 220V to light the aisle in front of the house. Within 6 months, 6 or 7 were slammed. Today, a year later, I have one left.

But what the hell is this? The legal warranty in France is 1 year, did you play it?

If not, well you are not surprised that we find so much shit if the hucksters "manufacturers sellers" remain "unpunished" ...
0 x