Recharge the batteries with old ones?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/04/09, 22:47

I do not use batteries ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/04/09, 23:22

The same in fact (except the one supplied with the rare new gear that I buy) ... but hey ... it's always interesting to be able to "exploit them to the end" ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 21/04/09, 22:34

Woodcutter wrote:I do not use batteries ...

Well done ! Great! Congratulations!

Christophe wrote:The same in fact (except the one supplied with the rare new gear that I buy) ... but hey ... it's always interesting to be able to "exploit them to the end" ...

Me neither, I use only a few 9 V batteries in security systems where it is difficult to replace. To do the show, I had to go to Intermarché and Auchan to recover used batteries because I did not have enough at home!

Still, the performance of battery chargers sector is dismal, reliability too, and wasted energy is considerable and nobody talks about it.

8)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/04/09, 00:24

Leo Maximus wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:I do not use batteries ...

Well done ! Great! Congratulations! [...]
: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
And if I tell you that I'm not heating my room, what am I going to get?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/04/09, 00:42

Easy not to heat your room but the real question is: who warms your bed my dear Bucheron? : Cheesy:

Well no laughing there was a report on the batteries at 20H France2 today, the French still consume (my god) 1 BILLION batteries per year (yes you read correctly, it is 16 batteries by French, baby and old man included, and by year !!) and less than 30% are actually recycled ... and 30% are not even collected (I guess it's actually more :( )

The report does not say if it included the batteries at the end of life ... I presume yes!

When we know that most portable devices now include rechargeable batteries (nicd, nimh, lipo, li-ion ...) original ... I do not know where they will get this billion batteries ... : Shock:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 06/02/10, 20:01

Christophe wrote:M6 shit shit ... I have not, and I have no access to the stream ...

You enregistreras and put it on Youtube or EconoTV please?

Hi Christopher,

The show passed last Tuesday 2 February in 100% MAG.

We can see it in http://www.m6replay.fr/#/emissions/100-mag/7820 . It's in chapter 2: "Don't throw away your batteries anymore". It is from the 15th minute.

Two hours of shooting for a sequence of 2 minutes ten months later! : Lol:

CacheViewer does not work, does anyone have an idea to record ...?

8)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/02/10, 22:40

when a pile has to be thrown because it does not work anymore, the energy it contains is negligible

even the energy it contains when it is new is not much compared to its price: so whoever wants to save will do better to avoid batteries

but CdNi or Ni Mh batteries do not do much better: they are charged much more than they are used and the yield is catastrophic

alkaline batteries recharge a little! better the voltage of these batteries rises at the end of charging: it is possible to limit the load with a simple voltage limiter

so with the alkaline battery is not to recover wh foutiem which remains in the dead pile which counts: it is not to empty them too much so that it is still rechargable a few times: to be rechargable an alkaline battery must never be unloaded at more than half of its capacity

for low power devices it is possible that often recharged alkaline batteries are better than real NiMh batteries

big advantage the alkaline batteries have a much lower self-discharge than the NiMh batteries
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/04/12, 12:40

An old alkaline battery too charged is a real dangerous bomb, which explodes at random, as it happened to me, luckily being elsewhere.
For button cell batteries recharged, we see it inflate before !!
0 x