Recharge alkaline batteries?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Peter Johnson
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Peter Johnson » 27/10/06, 00:29

Hello,

Castor wrote:Hello

Frankly, I agree with you regarding prolonged use. I seem to have said the same thing as you. But reuse old batteries before recycling, why not, right?

I agree with you, indeed, if the batteries are already provided with .. as much use them once, see 2 or 3 .. But personally, I think I do not want to take this risk (burn to acid) to save a few batteries .. yet I'm fighting for the environment!

What I want to question .. It's all his ads that have seen on our French channels. The one which pronounces the use of batteries "which lasts up to 4 times longer" .. When you know a little about batteries, you realize that it is money that dominates in this mileu (as in other) and surely not the good sense of ecology .... (damage)

Today, technology allows us to use a battery about 1000 times, before throwing it away and severely polluting our planet. In addition, still thanks to our technology, we can afford to no longer use paid electricity (produced by nuclear or other ..) but to use sunlight (free for now!)
I will not talk in detail about the economic side of the thing .. the forum not having this subject, but when we know that the batteries can be used approximately 1000 times and that the lifespan of the solar chargers (which do not wear out) and many years.
You will quickly do the math.

To answer Renaud67, I encourage your friend to go as far as possible in his project. The Tune Charger seems to me to be a very good ambitious project. I allow myself to give you some advice (you see what you can do with it): it would be necessary to improve the aesthetics of the product, if possible, think of those who are not connected to electronics and DIY, and finally if possible, display more attractive prices. It's not easy .. but it's the market that wants that.
Good luck !

See you soon, everyone

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
http://www.PiloSoleil.com : Solar charger for the planet
-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/10/06, 09:58

Hello Peter,
I have no party in the business related to the tune charger, I just do free publicity to the person.
In his discussion group on yaho, he explains well the market he is targeting at the moment. Alas for him it's hard hard, especially because of the price actually.
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/06, 10:21

renaud67 wrote:Hello Peter,
I have no party in the business related to the tune charger, I just do free publicity to the person.

What is not the case with Peter ... am I wrong?
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/10/06, 11:37

... : Mrgreen:
actually Christophe, that's what it seemed to me
0 x

(Alessandro Marandotti)
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 27/10/06, 14:43

Bonjour.

Today, technology allows us to use a battery about 1000 times, before throwing it away and severely polluting our planet.

A detail that I hold dear: A battery can be recycled
and whether it is rechargeable or not.
There may be a proportion of waste in this recycling, but it is much better than nothing! do you have a file on that Christophe?

It is important to keep the old batteries, to go see the "nice ladies" of the central cash register to put them in the battery container. In my old company, we put a battery box, the whole team filled it and one of us emptied it while doing our shopping.
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
Peter Johnson
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Peter Johnson » 27/10/06, 14:52

You are rather insightful Renaud and Christophe.
To answer Castor .. I know that batteries, all batteries can be recycled. But do not confuse rechargeable batteries, they are "recycled" or even by recharging them. Disposable batteries can be given to recycle (it's the best to do of course) but economically, there is no advantage, because afterwards you have to buy new ones again. I'm here to try to make the majority understand on this forum that the best solution to date remains rechargeable batteries + a solar charger .. I think my message is pretty clear now ..

Take the example of the mobile phone, some models of chargers that are on sale on my site (pilosoleil) allow you to charge your mobile phone (anywhere, or the sun shines on you) for free, and ecologically.
Anyone have a comment? an inconvenient on this subject which I could not think of? I think we can still chat on the batteries, but on the cell phone, it's harder I think.

Finally to answer Renaud, you advertise, I did it, without spite, I think that the words are important to move forward. But the ad (well placed) in this case is actually advancing people in their .. problems.

See you soon everyone
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/10/06, 15:03

Peter no problemo for me
what Christophe says and that I have only underlined it is just that for me it is completely free and that the inventor of the tune charger asked me nothing.
I think that as you advertise yourself on Christophe's site, you should instantly add a link to your site that goes to ecolonogy. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x

(Alessandro Marandotti)
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 27/10/06, 17:15

Bonjour.

To be frank with me, getting a solar charger is an idea that has been on my mind for a while.

Since the photovoltaic modules are a little questioned on the fact that they produce little energy compared to that which ion consumes to manufacture them. In my opinion on we want to make ecological photovoltaic (and not photovoltaic "fad"), it is that our PV panel must be used at the best of its output and for the longest possible duration. A "portable" solar charger, you use it inside, from time to time when you have 3 batteries to recharge, that is to say not often and under not optimal lighting. Not to mention that a rechargeable battery likes to be recharged all at once with a fairly precise "protocol".

I believe that what would be the most profitable is to have a universal charger on one side (continuous power supply for better performance) and a PV panel on the outside and to connect the two. There you use the outdoor light, much more abundant, and you can recharge the batteries of all your friends for free or optimal use of your PV module.

The only problem is the charging time: one day is 10-12 hours of sun per day maximum, some charging cycles must last 24 hours (the first charge of a battery). there I imagined going through a lead buffer battery. Re-problem: lead battery => losses (during charge-discharge cycles), lead (not too green), expensive. I put my project aside in the corner of my head for the moment ...

I do have doubts about the solar chargers, but think again, if it is the case I ask no better
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/10/06, 17:25

: Mrgreen: some will end up believing that I have actions at tunecharger : Mrgreen:
but you can do what you describe with the tune charger
0 x

(Alessandro Marandotti)
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 27/10/06, 21:32

Re-

In my opinion, this module is a very clever trick, but not enough power for that. 6,5V max eff at input, that's not much. You can do something similar with other conventional components.

There remains the problem of the battery not top green.
0 x