TMC info reception via GPS indoor antenna

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

TMC info reception via GPS indoor antenna

by Lietseu » 23/04/09, 23:17

Salutations to all

I come up with a very specific technical trick.

My car being equipped with a windshield heating system in the form of a very fine resistance in the mass, the FM waves which carry the TMC information for my GPS system have difficulty entering the vehicle.
I was able to verify this by pulling the wire antenna out of the system ... through the window.
So far I have tried a mini magnetic roof antenna, but it looks like the wire has broken somewhere, because before doing the solder between the original wire and the antenna wire it worked fine and after soldering, well, it stopped working! whereas when they were twisted together it worked ... so we have:

Weld quality problem?
Problem of wire breakage along the length?
Problem of resistivity of the whole ???

To solve this effectively, could I: connect everything to the car radio antenna WITHOUT messing up the system or obstructing the reception of FM waves on the radio? It is necessary to insert a small resistor to catch up with the resistivity of the wire or other things ??? I am thinking of this because of the warning read 1.000 X on packaging of radio and Cie ... antennas of (for example) 75 Ohm.

Thank you for lighting my lantern!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 23/04/09, 23:59

Lietseu

For your problem, it is very difficult to judge without image and without the
model of your GPS.

You can not connect your GPS to the radio antenna for the simple reason that it is not on the same frequencies and the antenna
of your radio will make you lose a lot of gain.

Try to find an antenna that you can attach to the outside, either glued to the windshield or on the roof or send pictures and the model and
I will try to help you. :D
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 24/04/09, 13:19

I am doing this earlier ... thanks for the support .... :P
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 25/04/09, 01:55

Well, false alarm ... as soon as I moved the car, reception resumed, I was in the "shadow" of the building where I live, which made reception difficult ...

However, I believe that putting an outdoor antenna longer than the one I have there (model for GSM) should allow me to have a much better reception, I will keep you posted.

Thank you again for the offer of help :P

For Xtophe, I got nothing, I posted this subject in Electricity, hi-tech, IT, lighting: equipment, tips, tricks, energy and pollution and I find myself here? did I sleep well?
0 x