Problem with the water of my well: mud and sand

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
mimo12
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Problem with the water of my well: mud and sand

by mimo12 » 24/11/07, 21:38

Hello, I just finished installing my well to supply my whole house (except cold water in the kitchen)
Voila, my well was dug by a driller at 40 meters, I installed the pump as well as the hydraulic connection, until everything works.
The problem comes from the water, it is muddy brown, see sandy, I have been throwing it for a week in the sewer thinking of creating a pocket evacuating by the same mud and sand, at times the water becomes very clear, suddenly it turns brown again.
On my installation I had anticipated by installing a micron filtration, all clogged, including the taps of the house, short not top

What to do, continue to vacuum and evacuate into the sewer? Fit another filter? By running a tap in its sink you have after 5 minutes the value of 1mm of sand in a glass

Thank you for your answers
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/11/07, 01:18

Hello

Are we talking about a well of small diameter 20cm? and a submerged stage pump, several superimposed turbines.
Normally it is protected by a waterproof tube on the surface up to the rock or at least deep enough to avoid surface runoff.
Often tube in section is badly connected, it lets surface water enter the well it is it which contaminates and which makes this color of sand.
Just open the lid at the top and listen if you hear water falling to the bottom of the well (bad sign.)
to measure the water level, a simple string with a solid tie down, we lower it and we check the moment or glou gloute, we make a knot and we continue to the bottom
we take it out, we pump for a good volume, and we measure the level and we wait to know how long it takes to go up
Now a new well you have to (clean or run it in) that is to say pump a lot of water and sand the fine sand will pump in the long run there remains the coarser sand and further in the tablecloth the end, the natural filter is done by itself
In reality the bottom of the well contains only coarse sand

Normally a well improves with pumping, after a decade it has to be cleaned (clean the bottom, too much coarse sand accumulated), that's why you have to measure its depth when it is new.
The pump must not rest on the bottom 1 meter and more of the bottom would be preferable, depending on the height of the water level in the well otherwise it will dabble in the sand.

Andre
0 x
mimo12
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mimo12 » 25/11/07, 09:09

Mr André Hello, thank you for your spontaneity

This morning again I am cleaning tap filters, indeed my installation is new, for information I must be more than 800m3 discharged to the sewer, the top of my 100mm PVC tubing is on my initiative buried at 30 cm under my clogged grass by polyurethane, with regard to the height of my pump (which must measure 1.6 meter in height) it is approximately 30/40 cm above the bottom of the well, according to manufacturer's data, that's what makes me worried this morning from your experience and my feeling the pump would be too low, and to raise it with the weight pump and plymouth filled with water ,,,
Anyway, I have two alternatives, the first one that I keep for the moment, continue to pump, the second I think to apply it next week to raise the pump, with, we will find a solution,
In any case, thank you for your response.
cordially
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 25/11/07, 12:02

Hello,

Have you installed a decantation filter at the pump outlet?
The water must be a whitish color, this is a sign that the drilling is at a good depth.
I drilled 5 holes at max 20m.
To de-sand, we rented a pump called "de-sanding" which ran at full speed for 2 days.
Depending on the nature of the soil, it may sometimes take 2 months before having clear water (since apparently the borehole is not in a underground river).
It is important to install 1 or 2 filters, especially if you power the washing machine because of the sand it always rises a little.

A+
0 x
mimo12
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

I will inquire for a higher filter

by mimo12 » 25/11/07, 13:09

Indeed I sometimes had whitish water, (maybe good news not too keen to have to go up), when the filter is only a micron and activated carbon filtration, two sinks to which i 've removed the internal filters, they immediately became brown, second problem that seems to appear, the capacity of my well seems to diminish, I begin to wonder if this investment was not a ,,, ,,,, last detail, I had drilled in the month of February, started up last week
Good Sunday
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 25/11/07, 13:29

Re,

I don't think the carbon filter is necessary.
When the brown color you need to check that it is not iron.
Evaporate your water in a container with a cloth at the bottom, if the walls are brown, rust and the cloth after rinsing does not regain its whiteness then drilling is no longer worth anything!
Good luck!
A+
0 x
Other

Re: I will inquire for a higher filter

by Other » 25/11/07, 23:19

Hello
mimo12 wrote:Indeed I sometimes had whitish water, (maybe good news not too keen to have to go up), when the filter is only a micron and activated carbon filtration, two sinks to which i 've removed the internal filters, they immediately became brown, second problem that seems to appear, the capacity of my well seems to diminish, I begin to wonder if this investment was not a ,,, ,,,, last detail, I had drilled in the month of February, started up last week
Good Sunday

It should not constantly pump sand, the pump will eventually wear out (the turbines are not eternal)

The pumped water should be left to deposit in a recipian and examine the kind of sand that is melted after settling, (the size of the grains, very fine sand is normal, but coarse is not normal
If the water does not deposit within 8 hours it is clay particles, bad vein, it is in coarse sand that we must stop a well
filtration must be done in the well not at the outlet.

In a sandy soil we push in a simple point with a fine mesh, once the water table reaches we lower approximately 1,5 meters lower and we pump, the fine sand is sucked then the coarse sand used as filter water becomes clear after a few cubic meters
Normally a pump like yours is organized so that the conduit leaves the surface of the earth with a cover to have access to it either remove the pump or do a cleaning, or empty a pocket of sand with a silica pool filter There is several No grain size then we lower the pump inside

But in a well all the sand that is pumped lands down below and the pump is buried in the sand
These pumps have a screen around but very large grain
the sand must remain at the bottom of the well only the water said to rise with sand barely visible to the eye only in a glass mirrored in the sun.
The principle of these wells is to pump into a layer of coarse sand, we pump captive water into a pocket of sand, the yield of the well depends on the size of this pocket
normally over time this improves.

Andre
0 x
mimo12
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mimo12 » 26/11/07, 21:30

Thank you André for your interest in a poor water seeker ,,,
As for sand, I arrive after 10/15 minutes to cause disturbances on the tap filters, I dismount and find small gravels of a size almost passing through the first tap filter, about 1 / 2mm, when I fill the lever basin, I see a slight trail forming a circle
The important thing is that since Sunday evening I no longer have completely brown water, but my pump stops more and more often for lack of water, while at the beginning I pulled a do non stop,
Thanks again for your help, and have a nice evening
0 x