Urgent electrical problem, circuit breaker jumps

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/08/08, 16:13

Hello

I note that the installations have changed with you, compared to what I had seen in the 70s obviously I trusted that formerly the main circuit breaker was differential.

As in America, the differential circuits are only on swimming pool and bedroom sockets. All the rest of the installation no differential.

In Quebec To bring down the main 200amperes, does it take a super short circuit in our facilities?

Andre
0 x
buquet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by buquet » 13/08/08, 17:45

it's really incomprehensible

my amperage of edf can go up to 45 amp I only consume 27amp

it was 23 h without tripping I even ran the washing machine and for no reason I come back from tripping I don't understand I was reading your messages
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/08/08, 18:05

I haven't read the other answers and it may have already been said. As your problem seems random and you have checked the circuit breaker (malfunction) Could it come from the Edf line by chance?

What does the electrician who measured the earth line think?

With us the main circuit breaker (300 mA) trips 1 storm out of 2 ...
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Breaking circuit breaker

by bobono » 13/08/08, 20:50

You ran into a bad electrician.

Easy problem to solve.

First find out if the problem comes from an overload of the circuit breaker. Clamp or other ammeters are equipped with a function which records the amperage peak. You just have to put the device down and as for its circuit breaker, read the maximum amperage if it is less than the setting of the device. This is necessarily due to a ground leak.

If you have a bad earth in the event of a leak, the leak will remain in the metallic mass and you will feel current in the device but the differential circuit breaker will not work. No complicated device needed to test the earth. you are causing a leak and the device has to operate certain device are fitted with test.

To measure the leakage current. An ammeter with peak recorder on the ground wire indicates the earth leakage just read after a trip. Device faults are added. The screened resistors found in electric water heaters, washing machines, fryers, etc. always have a small electrical leak. Good luck
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 13/08/08, 22:17

still check that you have no overheating on all connections of circuit breakers or device
0 x
yanyan26
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yanyan26 » 14/08/08, 10:12

Hello,

If I understood your problem correctly, only your main circuit breaker will trip.
Your fuses or circuit breakers do not blow = No short circuit.
So earth leakage or an electrical problem between the main circuit breaker and your switchboard

Check the correct tightening of the bridging bar connections on the power supply of your fuse holder (Take an insulated screwdriver or better breakers before intervening)

There is also the possibility of a punctured mouse on your power strips, this has already happened to me. But there, you should have a delicate smell that will tickle your nostrils (sometimes a few days later) : Lol:
0 x
http://yanyan.26.free.fr/

Nature is a balance parfait.Si you know look good, it will reveal to you can be his secret.
buquet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by buquet » 14/08/08, 10:42

Hello

I have the same material that christophe quotes above

I really do not know despite the pilot which malfunctioned I tripped twice yesterday
I checked the table already I have no mouse burst I would have smelled the smell I even checked the attic each cables and junction boxes nothing to report even no humidity
edf tells me that i must not have enough power but i come to doubt it too it's a bit of carpet merchants
It is true that living in the countryside when the thunderstorm is thundering I often trip but it is rather normal
the electrician to check the earth the last time and to find that I was very above the norm beyond 100 ohms
I replant a earthen pawn I do not know if to change much I do not know how to check I am not too expert in electricity and it gives me a little trouble
I'm lucky I have an electrician friend who is here we are going to check the circuits but I don't really believe in it
in the cottage that I install I plug

on the 32 amp gas stove
on a 16 amp washing machine and the fridge and the small freezer and the microwave there is also the coffee maker
on another 16 amp the dishwasher
and that's all

in my house a 20 amp supplies the dryer and another the washing machine
a 16 amp fridge freezer
a 20 amp for the boiler that I trip in summer
the stove on a 20 amp
everything seems logical to me

What do you think

ps: the fridge of the cottage is small as well as the gongelo

thank you
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 14/08/08, 11:01

I had the same problem as you all loose suddenly, when I had 2 plates, the hood and the dishwasher turned on!

we have three-phase, and the kitchen installers have done everything on the same phase !!!!

once the connection has been reviewed, no more worries.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/08/08, 11:17

I think you should do this test there for 24 hours: cut all circuits downstream of the main circuit breaker ... and wait to see if it jumps. I suspect that this test is painful but ...

If it jumps it is that the problem does not come from YOUR network but from UPSTREAM: ie from the EdF line.

It is possible that a defective device connected to a neighbor whose circuit is NOT up to standard (or defective) may blow YOUR circuit breaker. No?
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 14/08/08, 11:52

Given the number of large devices connected, I will tend to say that its comes from his subscription.
6KW you can quickly reach them, if you turn on the oven in the cottage next door and your washing machine / dishes are running at the same time (when heating the water the resistances pump a lot of current), it is enough that a compressor or two of fridge / freezer launches to create a peak consumption that will exceed 6KW and it cuts.
0 x