Phone: make a diversion on telephone line?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Phone: make a diversion on telephone line?

by Christophe » 24/02/08, 12:14

At the moment there is only one telephone socket in the house.

We would like to put 2 more.

So I would need to make a derivation on a telephone line, are there any particular things to set up (amplifier for example) or a simple derivation as in electricity is possible?

:?:
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 24/02/08, 12:59

Hello,

A simple derivation is possible, as in conventional electricity.
And especially NOTHING on these derivations: no amps or other gadgets ......

Be careful though with the problem of multiple rings!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/08, 13:13

Great ! Pkoi no "gadget" is it worse than nothing according to you?

What is the problem with multiple rings?
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 24/02/08, 14:40

Hello,

No, for gadgets it is simply that we often forget that there is approximately 48Volts on this line and 70Volts when there is ringing, and that in addition we must not "draw" more than 10mA under penalty of triggering an alarm at the central or "blowing" a fuse ......

Pb multiple ringtones, especially with old switching stations and not voice frequencies where we hear the number on all stations ......

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/08, 14:48

Mmm shit how can we not blow the fuse when we tinker with it then? I did not find the fuse box : Cheesy:
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/02/08, 15:42

if you branch in parallel, and the 2 phones are off the hook, it doubles the consumption. in return it can be very practical. (3-way conversation)
France Telecom does not like too much, normally picking up 1 handset must cut the others and there is an order of priority due to the wiring, but 2 devices do not seem to exceed the alert threshold.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 24/02/08, 16:44

The fuse is on the arrival of external lines in your house, in a small box. (In an apartment it can be in the counter compartment on the landing?).
If there is no fuse (or even surge arrester), there is still a strip (domino), interface between the external wires and your interior; when you tinker so as not to take a chestnut in the event of a ring, you can always detach a wire from his domino and the connection is cut.
If you make a short circuit, it does not matter, the protection is at the central (The old analog numbering, made cuts and successive contacts to determine the figures).

1 or 2 phones are good and approved, 3 phones are not approved but it works.
In France the 2 wires (1 and 3) can be put in parallel. IFT still recommends the capacitor, but at home I don't have one, because at one time the installers removed it.
The condenser is only used to test your line from the central, in case all the phones have been disconnected, in order to have a return.
If a minimum telephone is always connected, what good is an unnecessary condo?

At home, it was good with 3 such S63 keyboard keys + 1 recent wall in the toilet, but from time to time a phone on 4, did not ring (always the same S63).
Since there is an Amaris 100, in the living room. When I pick up as a lining on an S63, the amaris is inaudible…
Different technology, or more sensitive.
Better to equip everything with the same technology.
All these indications are for a direct FT line (not on a Box adsl).
If you are renovating, think of passing a shielded cable 5 to 10 pairs, in parallel in star network in all your rooms. So, you can use it for the phone, for the intercom, for a general 12v power supply (to avoid the multitude of small transformers in the house), for alarms, signaling that the stove is empty, the cold buffer, or the house on fire…

For all your questions, I recommend the site:
http://goctruc.free.fr/Plan.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/08, 16:50

Thank you go see all that ...

If there is a case it is on the street and therefore I have no access to it ...

Am in Belgium but I think it must be kif kif in principle!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/02/08, 18:58

Hello Christophe.

About the capacitor, if one day you have a problem of synchronization with your ADSL (particularly slow) it can possibly come from there.
During a mess with Free, they told me to fire him. Back when I was at AOL, so they asked to fire him. (It didn't change anything, but they had occupied the customer looking for their breakdown ... : Mrgreen: )

For the wires at the socket, there are only 2 which are used for "normal" telephone + internet use. I moved x sockets without ever unplugging the fuse or anything, touching only one wire at a time is playable : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
delnoram

by delnoram » 24/02/08, 19:09

pfff a discharge in the fingers because the phone rang at the same time as we touched the wire, it happened to a friend, hey ben it did not hurt me at all !!!

: Oops: : Mrgreen:

0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"