Pc Lenovo ideapad 110 does not start anymore: blinitialize Library failed

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Pc Lenovo ideapad 110 does not start anymore: blinitialize Library failed

by jean.caissepas » 21/05/21, 14:53

izentrop wrote:Then I decided to fix the security error on the key, which made it instantly inaccessible to me. : Shock: , like my old hard drive which I was able to try to read with the USB interface of the external drive.

Any idea to try to recover the data?

I recovered an unreadable external HDD because I had plugged it into the wrong charger (voltage too high, which burned the USB-SATA convertion card and damaged the partition) via DISK GENIUS which recovered everything on a new HDD (after having extracted the HDD from the external box and connected to a SATA cable)!
This tool is really too good.

CAUTION: It is better to try to recover what is readable before attempting the operation.
Then I reformatted the old HDD which had no bad sectors, but just the first badly written ones.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/05/21, 15:46

jean.caissepas wrote:I recovered an unreadable external HDD because I had plugged it into the wrong charger (voltage too high, which burned the USB-SATA convertion card and damaged the partition) via DISK GENIUS which recovered everything on a new HDD (after having extracted the HDD from the external box and connected to a SATA cable)!
This tool is really too good.

CAUTION: It is better to try to recover what is readable before attempting the operation.
Then I reformatted the old HDD which had no bad sectors, but just the first badly written ones.
Ok thanks i will search for this software.
izentrop wrote: By cons, in the characteristics, nothing indicates the number of write / read possible?
In fact if, it is indicated a TBW of 256 TB
According to this site, it would be vastly underestimated
On a simple desktop computer, a user writes between 10 and 35 GB of data per day. What if we increase the storage capacity up to 40 GB? This means that it could write over a period of more than 5 years until it reaches the limit of 70 TBW. https://www.ontrack.com/fr-fr/blog/quel ... le-des-ssd
For me it would be within 15 years.

According to the CrystalDiskInfo software, I would have already written 2081 GB, normal I installed Windows 10, but hey I will still try to reduce the writes on your advice, it all depends on the price of 8 GB RAM.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/05/21, 19:36

Christophe wrote:Yes SSDs exist in SATA or M2 ...

But if izy spoke of "flash memory" I presume he was talking about an M2 SSD ... hence my remark ... but I may be wrong (it means that he did not know that an SSD was just memory ??)

Fortunately, an SSD is Flash memory, otherwise it would be erased without being powered.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/05/21, 01:25

Some advances:
The USB key works again, but still this alert "this reader has a problem ..."

HD Sentinel and http://www.diskgenius.net/download.html failed to recover my "inaccessible" hard drive.

I managed to delete the swap file and no worries despite having only 4 GB of RAM, however redirecting the temporary files to another disk has no effect.
swap file.gif
interchange file.gif (29.52 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
VarEnvironment.gif
VarEnvironnement.gif (17.75 KiB) Viewed 2216 times

An interesting document Optimize an SSD in Windows 10, the 12 things to do [Guide 2021]
2 -?
3 - AHCI is well activated in the bios
4 - command not recognized, TRIM activated according to CrystalDiskInfo
5 - System restore enabled
6 - The indexing was deactivated, it took a long time
7 - defragmentation enabled
8 and 9 not found (previous versions?)
10 - write cache disabled
11 - not found
12 - not found
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/21, 01:32

Try to rebuild the partition with testdisk as said above ... beware there is no GUI ... (graphical interface) but the site is well documented in French ...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 22/05/21, 01:47

Disables defragmentation. With an SSD it is not only useless, but harmful.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/05/21, 08:57

Christophe wrote:Try to rebuild the partition with testdisk as said above ... beware there is no GUI ... (graphical interface) but the site is well documented in French ...
Not better. In fact, as long as Windows tries to access the disk, we see it grinds, it lasts several minutes then it picks up, we hear the disk stop, then it restarts without any software being able to access the boot sector, probably a "hard" failure.
Maybe the solution would be to extract the disc to place it in another drive? but hey !, I don't have much to recover.
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Disables defragmentation. With an SSD it is not only useless, but harmful.
For an old pc and an old software version can be. When changing the disk, it is better to do it with the latest version of OS.
Microsoft first implemented the Defragmentation and Optimization Tool in Windows 8, which also includes Storage Optimizer. On SSDs, Storage Optimizer periodically triggers disk optimization and cleanup during periods of inactivity. This process is different from the classic defragmentation procedure and is safe for SSDs. https://support.norton.com/sp/fr/fr/hom ... /v95982396
Besides, I unnecessarily returned user variables and system variables to an external drive, put back as originally.
On the other hand, as my main activity (with the pc) is on the internet, I will see to return the download folder and the temporary files of the browser to an external disk. : Wink:
Attachments
optimize.gif
optimize.gif (36.73 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 22/05/21, 12:07

SSDs should not be defragmented, it is useless and reduces their longevity. Do you get it or not ???
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"