Pc Lenovo ideapad 110 does not start anymore: blinitialize Library failed

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Re: Pc Lenovo ideapad 110 does not start anymore: blinitialize Library failed

by Christophe » 18/05/21, 12:48

Motherfucker Steeve Job! : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/05/21, 15:20

Thanks guy, moreover their price has dropped a lot for dd SSD.
As I only have 2 USB sockets, I prefer it to be internal the dd.

The repair of the old dd, I do not believe it too much, because I would have to be able to plug it in at the same time for that.
There was little data, since I had crashed it when I wanted to install Mint in dual boot shortly before.
After that reinstallation, I had made a system backup on a USB stick, but the new installation does not recognize? Not the same disk perhaps?

From now on, I will back up my sensitive files locally and to the cloud after having encrypted them with 7-zip or verascrypt
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/05/21, 15:35

izentrop wrote:As I only have 2 USB sockets, I prefer it to be internal the dd.

The OS on an external drive is still not great ... except for troubleshooting!

izentrop wrote:The repair of the old dd, I do not believe it too much, because I would have to be able to plug it in at the same time for that.
There was little data, since I had crashed it when I wanted to install Mint in dual boot shortly before.
After that reinstallation, I had made a system backup on a USB stick, but the new installation does not recognize? Not the same disk perhaps?

From now on, I will back up my sensitive files locally and to the cloud after having encrypted them with 7-zip or verascrypt

So much the better if you haven't lost any data ... but you can try to recover it for another use rather than throwing it away! You just need to buy an empty USB external dd box (around € 10).

If the win formatting does not work, you can try to reformat it at a low level (the Pro version of HD Sentinel recommended above allows it without the hassle)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/05/21, 15:42

Christophe wrote:So much the better if you haven't lost any data ... but you can try to recover it for another use rather than throwing it away! You just need to buy an empty USB external dd box (around € 10).
Good idea, I did not know. : Wink:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 18/05/21, 15:43

Yes finally, if the mechanical DD shows signs of weakness, it is better to do without using it!
Last edited by GuyGadeboisTheBack the 18 / 05 / 21, 15: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/05/21, 15:52

That's why you have to test it with HD Sentiel (the basic diag is with the free version) ...

It will cost him a box that he can reuse otherwise if the DD is really hs ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/05/21, 16:44

During the installation it was very hot, the box was hot, it could also be a safety overheating.
I just thought I already had an external dd. I took it apart, same type of disc and socket, I will be able to test it out ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 18/05/21, 17:57

Christophe wrote:...
In any case, a laptop CM cannot be repaired, it can be changed ...

Always affirmations without nuance. Obviously it can be repaired, everything depends on the failure.
However, most failures are connection problems, because of the connectors mounted directly on the CM, which is not clever but compact and inexpensive. By dint of being used, the USB sockets or the power supply socket in particular become detached, raising the track or the tracks of the printed circuit connected to the connector, which end up cutting. You have to open everything and re-solder by doubling the cut tracks with copper wire. I have already done this 2 or 3 times on Asus.

I won't say the same for DD. At the slightest sign of weakness, we know that it will get worse, so direction trash, after recovering neodymium magnets :) .
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/05/21, 18:28

I'm talking about CM, you're talking to me about CM connectors ... necessarily ... it's not the same thing!

A computer CM is hard to repair, a laptop CM is even worse ...

Micro welding is a profession ... some crazy geek anneal their CG or CM after X hours of operation in their mother's oven : Mrgreen: ... to what seems that overhauls all the welds and they gain like 2% of perfs! : Mrgreen:

With 3/4 of luck it will never work again! : Mrgreen:

I have already opened a DD which had suffered a big shock (when stopped) surprisingly it restarted and I was able to recover some data ... posted here: computer-electronic-electricity / recover-and-repair-hard-drives-cluster-data-sector-with-hard-drive-sentinel-t15809.html

I didn't do that in a clean room, eh!

1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 18/05/21, 18:30

In some big cities there are "Chinese" workshops that still fix this. They are quite rare, you have to know how to find them. But most of the time, indeed, a CM, you change.
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"