Converting the format to "raw"

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Converting the format to "raw"

by gegyx » 15/03/09, 18:43

Since 1999, it has been four times that I have encountered a bug.

Hard disk or USB key, found in RAW format, not recognized by Windows.

The first time, I had recovered some data. Then fired the 20GB HDD.
The following 8GB usb stick went into oblivion.
And yet, I tried by all (my) means to remedy it by searching the net.
The problem is that there can be 36 remedies, which do not necessarily treat the injured but which administered at random, can only harm him ...
Last week an 8GB key with unimportant content…
I started to search again, out of greed. There was nothing new about this problem on the net, and miraculously I finally managed a specific treatment.
With HD Hacker, you save and copy the MBR from an equivalent removable disk, and re-inject it into the faulty key.
Here she is back in Fat 32. Hurray! I was very proud…

But the next day by restarting my PC, it's my 80 GB disk (C and D, NTFS format) almost full, which ends up in a raw unit of 80…
This puffs me up, because all the new attempts transform the structure of the disc without possibility of return.
(A bit like in Kafka's metamorphosis)

Sniff, files and last family photos…

I wanted to know if such a misadventure happened, but above all,
as it seems to be a farce to Windows (XP), if this transformation in RAW Format, happened to you with another OS?

(I am not asking for possible details of remedies as they are on the web. Unless you have the solution of the universal remedy.)
: Lol:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 15/03/09, 20:23

Personally I have no solution to this problem.
I have a NetGear Ready NAS Duo server with 2 1 TB disks in RAID, a backup on a 1 TB HDD in a USB box and an inverter to protect.

Data is secured by both RAID and USB backup.
When you have lots of digital photos (more than 10000), family films, documents recovered or created for years, this represents a treasure that is important to preserve.

Did you try to read the disc while booting from a Linux CD? Linux allows you to read a lot of things and maybe your disc in raw.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...