Computer parasytes ...

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Computer parasytes ...

by Grelinette » 21/06/17, 14:42

Hello everybody

I open this new subject because I think that other Internet users are concerned and maybe someone has a tip to mitigate the problem ...

I recently had a period of inactivity on the internet, and when I turned on my computer to return to drag my mouse, especially on econology, I noticed very long waiting times with each click of the mouse !!!

Admittedly, I have an old computer equipped with Windows XP which rows a lot, but curiously a few times everything is fine and the internet pages are displayed normally ... except for a few weeks. : Evil:

Looking closely, I noticed at the bottom left of the screen that after each click of the mouse popped up behind terse messages like "transferring data from ..." or "waiting for ..." a host of program names with exotic and disturbing names : Shock:

They are displayed very quickly but I could note some of them whose here are the names:
doubleclick.net
cse.google.com
ajax.googleapis.com
thermoneytizer
bootstrap
cloud.media
web.leadpalce
tag.leadplace
youtube.com
flamemen
dcoenligne

and many others, some of which have names consisting of simple letters which mean nothing like csdx.e, Their successive displays can last for long minutes and it is very painful!

I don't think it's virus or malware (though), but I rather feel like every single click of my mouse is logged to populate a database detailing and analyzing my profile and my internet behavior ...

Unless it was the Russians, the Chinese or the Americans who stuck cookies on me to hack my innovative crafts! : Cheesy:

Pirate gangs : Evil:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Computer parasytes ...

by Macro » 21/06/17, 15:57

And again .... You use a computer under XP .... With mine under Windows7 ... Navigation on econology with all these ads (which pay for the hosting of forum) It is quite the disaster .... I find myself with HUGE cupboards of ads between each message ... more often as they have not all finished loading when I click on answer or index of forum... I find myself having pages towards the commercial links which open ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/17, 21:56

I thought the funding debate for forums was closed ...

Le forum is far from overwhelmed with pub for registered members! I do my best to find the right balance between pain and financial profitability ...

Macro did you see where 1 ad between each message? There are 2 Google Ads per page (max) for registered members.

And if google makes "transfers" with partners on other domains, small webmasters have nothing to do with it!

On the forums, there are no popups or other intrusive advertising! So it's very limited as an ad for members ... (so go to futura science to compare!)

Otherwise, on the bottom, we may start with the definition of a parasite ... : Cheesy:

Parasite, a living organism that lives at the expense of another organism (the host).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite

Computer parasites are therefore, from my point of view as an old webmaster, Internet users who surf on sites for free without any counterpart neither advertising nor financial ... here or there ... a site costs as soon as it has a certain "success" ...

Analyze the 2017 web a bit: it's either advertising to finance either subscriptions or donations ... Even large sites, such as Les Echos, currently require paid subscriptions ... or what forum is too small to hope to subsist on donations or subscriptions ... I tested there is only the pub which can finance it ... durably ...

So I summarize: if you do not want to pay subscription or donate to the site, you must see advertising ... : Mrgreen:

So be a little tolerant of the advertisements that members may have please. Thank you. And then what? We are not going to redo the debate that we already had elsewhere here ... :o

And Grelinette if you want to preserve your security and privacy, especially don't stay on XP (which has not been up to date for years except hacks ...) ... but hey you do as you want ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/17, 11:03

Here I have disabled the 2 ads per page between messages for members (at least the time of a test), so I hope that this will facilitate your reading and participation ...

The test will tell us! 8)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/06/17, 11:09

Sorry that you took it wrong Christophe ... Personally normal ads don't bother me more than that ... And I understand very well that you need them to allow you to host the site .. .
Lately I have a fairly limited internet speed at home .... The pages take time to load ... Last week between posts I had a huge logo that I did not identify which was taking a long time to load and shift every two seconds the posts down ... It was really painful ... but good if that's the price to pay ...

And indeed when I am connected ... The posts are not "published"
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/17, 11:19

Yes I find it hard to still have to justify advertising especially since I find the title quite unfair ...

a) the debate has already been done and redone here: bistro / la-advertising-on-internet c-is-the-free-of-content-t14548.html

b) econology almost disappeared a few months ago (see a)) I am sure that this is not what you want

c) advertising is frankly ultra limited for members: there is only a block of google suggestions below.
Or Grelinette has been a member for a long time: the solution is to simply stay connected so as not to be disturbed (otherwise you can always put an adblock but you will see it's even worse lag level ... and we can also wonder what adblock makes your browsing data huh ... since they don't work for nothing ...)

d) if the test is good (to be seen in a few days), we remain like this placement level for members
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"