Overconsumption of fluorescent tubes on ignition

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
delnoram

by delnoram » 18/09/09, 23:31

JThe do not know, it is necessary that I look at it more closely, not enough backwards with the new oscillo.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/09/09, 23:57

0,49 A (so, about 115 watts), but for how long? This is what is important.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/09, 23:59

delnoram wrote:JThe do not know, it is necessary that I look at it more closely, not enough backwards with the new oscillo.

I was talking about mine :)

You might as well do 2 series of measurements! History to clarify this affair!

ps: elephant, he said the duration: less than a second ... provided that this is not a measurement error ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 19/09/09, 00:19

Say a fraction of a second :D

I had to do at least 50 tests, the highest was 0.49A, but the others varied from 0.10A to 0.33 delicate to say more precisely as the display is short.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

lemontval
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemontval » 04/05/11, 21:58

Good evening,

I'm relaunching this post because I didn't understand everything !! :?:
So how long does it take to leave a fluorecent tube on to "dampen" fuel consumption on ignition? : Cry:
Thanks for the reply
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 04/05/11, 22:22

no overconsumption on ignition, so there is nothing to amortize
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/11, 22:22

Very little ... we speak above of a peak of less than a fraction of a second which does not exceed three times the normal consumption.
And nothing says that it is not a measurement error.

Yesterday I tested on a 12V compact fluorescent (this model here: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... p-121.html ) connected to a laboratory power supply which provides direct voltage and amperage, there was strictly NO overcurrent at start-up!

So this overconsumption smacks of legend ...

On the other hand, a TL wears out (as on certain compact fluorescent lamps) with ON / OFF too frequent. That alone deserves that we do not make ON / OFF of less than say, 30 seconds ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/05/11, 23:12

Christopher said:

By cons TL wears (as on some compact fluorescent)

Of course, I have in my hallway a compact fluorescent "studied for frequent lighting", but it is expensive: 20 euros at my wholesaler.

Incandescent lamps also do not like reciprocating cycles and especially not quartz-iodine lamps because it disturbs the filament recharging cycle.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/11, 23:34

elephant, every Megaman INGENIUM bulbs are insensitive to ON / OFF, it's not first prize (= big shit anyway) but they don't all cost 20 euros, far from it: economic and LED bulbs
0 x
lemontval
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemontval » 05/05/11, 07:20

Thank you very much for the answers because indeed there is a sacred legend on the subject !!!
A+ :D
0 x