[TEST] OSRAM GU10 50W AGAINST GU10 Compact Fluorescent

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
calamax
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

[TEST] OSRAM GU10 50W AGAINST GU10 Compact Fluorescent

by calamax » 07/04/08, 21:44

Hello everyone !

Let me do a full-scale test:
1) My living room plunged into darkness.
2) I equip my halogen ramp with a single GU10 lamp.

First photo: OSRAM GU10 50W halogen lamp

Second photo: Lexman Fluocompact lamp 7W 61 Lux 2700k° Warm light (announced equivalence to a 30W halogen lamp)

I find that the Lexman 7W does honorably, knowing that in front of it was a 50W lamp and not a 30W!
Obviously I would have liked to test with a 30W halogen, but I didn't have one on hand...

The heating time is correct, the light is softer, more diffuse: in any case, I am convinced by the Fluocompact technology, it remains to be seen if it does its announced 10000 hours!

Hoping that these photos could also convince you...
0 x
altheran
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by altheran » 07/04/08, 21:59

Hello to you,

What bothers me with compact fluorescents is that they are fragile!!

These are lamps that must be left on constantly otherwise they deteriorate and "burn out" very quickly!

Result after buying a dozen compact fluorescents, I replaced them all with filaments.

I bought two leds to see but I find that there is no light dispersion, it's just good for lighting something precise and limited, so long live the filaments for now!

nb: especially since the LEDs are really expensive!!

Despite the fact that they consume unnecessary watts for heating and not for lighting, I have yet to find anything better than these good old bulbs made in dinosaur technology :|
0 x
calamax
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by calamax » 07/04/08, 22:07

altheran wrote:What bothers me with compact fluorescents is that they are fragile!!

That's why I put them in a "living room", the dining room, so as not to turn them on and off constantly. They will be lit on average 1h30 per day, and let's say 2h30 / day on weekends...

I'll see what happens: if I'm disappointed I'll come back here to explain why...

In any case, thank you for sharing your opinion!
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 08/04/08, 09:11

altheran wrote:What bothers me with compact fluorescents is that they are fragile!!

These are lamps that must be left on constantly otherwise they deteriorate and "burn out" very quickly!

Result after buying a dozen compact fluorescents, I replaced them all with filaments.

I have yet to find anything better than these good old light bulbs made in dinosaur technology :|

: Shock: I am appalled to read this kind of thing: indeed I have been using compact fluorescent lamps since they have existed (about twenty years) and I have never noticed any fragility: lifespan 5-6 years, never any grilled prematurely...it's true that I don't buy cheap chinoiserie, but Phillips or Osram...this by using them exactly the same way as incandescents that I don't uses more than in places that serve very little time...
Note that I like powerful lighting, so for example I use a 27w Osram "daylight" bulb for my kitchen which lights up like daylight...and 2x27w for the living room (which replaces a 300w allogene ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/08, 09:51

altheran wrote:Hello to you,

What bothers me with compact fluorescents is that they are fragile!!

This is valid for the chinoiserie and that of ikea and cie...

In no case for branded bulbs, certainly more expensive, but in the end 10 times more economical!!

altheran wrote:Result after buying a dozen compact fluorescents, I replaced them all with filaments.

I bought two leds to see but I find that there is no light dispersion, it's just good for lighting something precise and limited, so long live the filaments for now!

nb: especially since the LEDs are really expensive!!

The leds are not to the point, can we know the brand of the fluorescent bulbs which did not suit you?

altheran wrote:Despite the fact that they consume unnecessary watts for heating and not for lighting, I have yet to find anything better than these good old bulbs made in dinosaur technology :|

Well try these once: energy saving light bulbs megaman (example of the range: GU10, variable GU10, high power, daylight, 4000K...). They are much more original than those of philipps or osram and given for 15 hours...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/04/08, 21:03

Most of the energy-saving light bulbs in my house will be 10 years old in 4 months. I only had 2 burnt out of 12 bulbs (including one that I had had for 4 years before buying the house, bayonet) and 2 small ones that I had put in the hood (not a good idea, they didn't don't like).

A trick to facilitate lower consumption: For almost 10 years I have been running with a 3 KW counter. I pay more for the KW (it costs me almost 45 euros more over the year) even if the cheaper subscription compensates. With 3 KW, you have to take an electric pyrolysis oven which does its cycle with 2,9 KW, you take electrically efficient household appliances, and above all you learn to manage your consumption... So put the washing machine + the dishwasher and adding an electric kettle exposes you to a power cut...

It's a good way to think about consumption before pressing the ON/OFF button.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 11/05/08, 12:09

The advantage of the GU10 Fluocompact is that it diffuses everywhere, not like the GU10 spots which diffuse at a very specific point
0 x
ludo1801
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ludo1801 » 09/11/08, 13:16

Hello everyone, I installed a new living room with only recessed spotlights gu10 lexman 7w energy saving 21 spotlights in total. First conclusion a very beautiful lighting of exceptional clarity. Only in not even three hours of lighting two bulbs burnt out. A two-year warranty was announced without further precision, does the warranty include the bulb in it or is it just for the spot with the mechanical parts?
0 x
gregdu13250
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gregdu13250 » 10/11/08, 19:22

ludo1801 wrote:Hello everyone, I installed a new living room with only recessed spotlights gu10 lexman 7w energy saving 21 spotlights in total. First conclusion a very beautiful lighting of exceptional clarity. Only in not even three hours of lighting two bulbs burnt out. A two-year warranty was announced without further precision, does the warranty include the bulb in it or is it just for the spot with the mechanical parts?
It's your salesman who will answer you, you should have taken classic spots and then put megaman ingenium in them.

But your case seems to be electronic or even electric
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 10/11/08, 20:01

By the way, LED's have a lifespan of 60 years...
I also think that you need a luminaire adapted to LED's.
Bulbs equipped with LED's, it's not great!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"