360 ° motion sensor + LED lamps

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
artur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

360 ° motion sensor + LED lamps

by artur » 07/01/10, 11:09

Hello,

A first message after discovering this forum and the site yesterday looking for information on LED bulbs.

My problem :

I have a twilight motion sensor outside the house with two incandescent bulbs that light up both sides of the house when someone is passing by.
In reality this is triggered quite frequently due to the passage of animals for example and I am looking for a solution to replace the existing bulbs with a more economical solution.
The compact fluorescent did not seem very suitable to me because of the repeated ignitions and extinctions and the relatively short ignition times.
I just discovered that there are now LED bulbs with omnidirectional lighting (or almost) quite powerful (equivalent to an incandescent bulb of about 60W) which could be suitable (E27).
On the other hand I saw on this forum that quality is not always there any more than longevity or brightness.

So I call on your experience to know which products to turn to.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Arthur.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/01/10, 12:07

Welcome Artur!

You have to do your calculation before investing:

First do your energy cost calculation with the lamps that are in place, based on 20 cents / KWh and calculate your annual lighting duration: possibly, shortening the time delay

if the lighting in place is halogen tube, 300 or 500 watts: there are now for the same mounts tubes of 100,150,200 watts.

There are eco lamps intended for intermittent use, but it is far from being cheap.

For LED lighting: see if you need diffuse lighting or if spot-to-floor use is suitable

and calculate your return time.

Please note: the consumption of a led lamp is not the actual consumption: there are relatively large losses in the transformer
Buying bad led's lamps can suddenly cancel all your savings calculations.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
artur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by artur » 07/01/10, 12:18

Thank you for your quick reply.

In fact, the bases are either E27 or B22 powered by 220V.

Question finances, I do not care. I would like to consume less (much less) as much as possible but without losing brightness. I don't mind paying 30 or 40 Euros per bulb if it's quality. Let's say that I prefer "green" to "economical". :)

Regarding spot lamps it will not work since it requires diffuse lighting.

I have already shortened the time delay but it bothers me a little with use. I even find it too short now.

Do you have references (links to) of eco tubes intended for intermittent use?

Sincerely,

Arthur.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/01/10, 12:19

The LED seems to me indicated for a path lit by a series of posts.

There, with low intensity bulbs (1 to 2 W - officially!), You can have a nice, efficient lighting that you can leave permanently ...

I have 10 posts. I had 4 W CF (so 40 W). I put LEDs (officially 1,7 W - I have no device to check).

Theoretically, this would be compatible with detectors at each end, which would only light up when necessary.

The hardest part: cable when it has not been done. Well, in TBT (12 V), we can get around a lot of burying, protecting, etc ... Not in 220 V !!!
0 x
artur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by artur » 07/01/10, 14:18

I can't do that in this case. It is a lighting fixed on the wall of the house which illuminates the surroundings.

For the moment I would like to see what is possible to do with what is already in place without changing everything.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/01/10, 15:51

Hi Arthur and welcome to econology :P

My answer will seem curious to you, I do not offer you a LED lamp solution because to my knowledge, there is no LED lamp powerful enough for the use you want to make of it, I therefore offer this alternative, compact fluorescent lamps:
my personal appreciation is that when it comes to compact fluorescent, it is the big brands that gave me the greatest satisfaction ... :P Philips, Sylvania and Osram not to mention them :P
Good to know :
Incandescent lamps are gradually disappearing from the market
Given the ineffectiveness of incandescent bulbs and their efficiency of barely 5%, the European Commission decreed in March 2009 that they should gradually disappear from the market in favor of economical bulbs. The process will be done in 5 phases so that manufacturers can adapt their production. From September 2016, only compact fluorescent, LED and class B halogen and halogen lamps with a special coating will still be available.
Compact fluorescent lamps
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) are the best known of the economical bulbs. They consist of one or more bent glass tubes containing mercury vapors. The electric current causes a gas discharge: the mercury vapors then emit ultraviolet light which is converted into visible light by a fluorescent layer applied to the interior wall of the tube.
Lumen instead of Watt
Previously, power was expressed in Watts. Today, the CFL packaging mentions consumption in Watts, but the latter can be surprising, on the one hand because it is much lower than that of incandescent lamps, on the other because it says nothing efficiency (quantity of light emitted as a function of consumption). From now on, you will therefore have to base yourself on the luminous flux expressed in lumens.
Advantages of CFLs
- Compact fluorescent lamps consume much less energy than an incandescent bulb and produce as much light. You can thus reduce your electricity bill from 25 to 50 €.
- CFLs last much longer, sometimes up to 10 years depending on the manufacturer.
- They are more environmentally friendly, provided that you do not throw them in the trash.
Disadvantages of CFLs
- Compact fluorescent lamps are more expensive to buy than other bulbs.
- They still light up relatively slowly. This remains their biggest flaw.
- They light up even more slowly and provide less light in a cold environment. Manufacturers do not recommend their use in a cold place and outdoors. You will find energy saving lamps designed for this use in a specialized store.
Where to install which lamp?
- Staircase / corridor / entrance hall: a compact fluorescent lamp which diffuses a lot of light as soon as it is switched on. In these spaces, we switch on and off regularly. The number of cycles is therefore important.
- Garage / cellar: watch out for performance at low temperatures because these rooms are not heated.
- Kitchen: opt for a double envelope lamp, which is less likely to release mercury if they break. This is essential in a place where meals are prepared.
- Office: long-term exposure from a very short distance can cause skin and retinal diseases due to the UV rays produced by compact fluorescent lamps. Double-envelope lamps emit far less UV.
- If the lamp is installed in a place that is difficult to access, choose one that lasts and whose light flux decreases slowly.

ECONOMIC BULB TEST:
RECALL OF RESULTS (*)
Brand and model
APPRECIATION
OVERALL
PRICE

(Min.)
F
from - to
11 W models (classification in order of quality-longevity assessment)
OPHILIPS Ecotone B € 6,20
NSYLVANIA Mini Lynx Instant B € 9,89
NGENERAL ELECTRIC Electronic BIAX B € 9,79
OSRAM Dulux EL Classic B € 10,66
OSRAM Dulux EL C € 8,06
PHILIPS Ecotone Ambiance C € 9,79
GAMMA D € 8,65
MASSIVE D 5,68 €
MEMOLUX Energy Saving light D € 7,93
ECTRON E 6,45 €
IKEA E € 2,45
MEMOLUX Energy Saving bulb E € 6,92
STOP Electronic E € 6,17
SYLVANIA Mini Lynx Ambience E € 10,63

Test-Purchase Sources

From my reading memory about FC lamps the important factor is the number of ignitions and also their "heating times" ...

I'm looking for info and I'll let you know as soon as I find ...

Meow

:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/01/10, 16:29

Here is the pdf of test purchase with comparison and everything and everything ...

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... UEULyg.pdf

Meow :P
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
artur
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by artur » 07/01/10, 16:31

It's great, thank you.

Wouldn't there be the same thing for LED lamps somewhere?

I've found nothing...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/01/10, 16:35

And a pdf with description of a 5W LED that you could mount in series in a homemade box?

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... mwtfPF.pdf

Meow and good wind in 2010 :P
0 x

Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 07/01/10, 17:06

There are now 30 W and even 100 W LEDs ...

For now the uses are limited and not in the form of bulbs, but it will come ...

The use that I saw: light source for DIY video projector : Mrgreen:
0 x