New computer, free and alternative software

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

New computer, free and alternative software

by Lietseu » 11/09/08, 23:20

In these times of economic crisis and gloom of all kinds, I decided to tell you about my little computer discoveries ...
This small section will therefore aim to introduce others to the programs that you use yourself, whether free or paid, as long as they are interesting that is all that interests us.

I would therefore point out to you the release of the excellent Google chrome!
Very light and very user-friendly this new IE (Internet Explorer) has for it an extreme simplicity of use, the presentation in full page of all the sites which you visited recently each being presented by a small thumbnail, a great lightness of use , and I imagine many other things that I have not yet had the opportunity to discover.
One thing struck me in any case, it is that if one writes on Econology through chrome, the spelling errors are underlined and very often a suggestion is made to bring an immediate correction! What admit it is not a luxury! Try it and make yourself a religion we will talk about it later.

The other program also recently discovered is the excellent Adobe Reader 9!
What characterizes it compared to previous versions, you spot it very quickly, is the appearance of an additional icon on your desktop, a little gray, it will take you with a simple click on the Internet or adobe on air offers the possibility, to deposit up to 5 GB of data in PDF, to share them with others who use the same system and to unclutter your hard disk a little, the most beautiful remains to follow: it will not cost you a round ! In addition, it is also possible to convert .doc files directly Online to PDF I know some that are already rubbing their hands ...
Everything is very user-friendly since the only thing required is to enter an e-mail address and a code.

Here I stop there I do not want to be too long! I hope I have interested you and I wish you an excellent evening.

With the best regards from Lietseu :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/08, 23:22

So take a look at www.framasoft.net the bible of free software
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 11/09/08, 23:29

Christophe wrote:So take a look at www.framasoft.net the bible of free software

Christophe thank you!

What interested me, by creating this small section, is to have the opinion of one and the other, concerning his computer inexperience ...

:P All opinions will therefore be welcome since they will allow each of us to enrich ourselves a little. :P

With greetings from Lietseu :P

About the dictation software I told you about recently, the good gag is that if you read the name of one of the icons on the left he selects it : Idea:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 12/09/08, 00:30

Good since you wish to have an opinion, adobe (trash) reader (re trash) ... Long live FoxIt. The only interest of Adobe Reader is now the free space ...

SixK
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 12/09/08, 01:30

Lieutseu, if you want my opinion, I would answer Adobe is very far from what is called free software. It is at the limit of free.

As for Chrome, it is certainly Open Source, but it is still just a wonderful tool from Google to control your digital life. I have no confidence in Google and its so-called good intentions ... Worse I don't really see what it brings compared to Firefox 3, which manages spell checking very well, and which runs on Linux itself . By the way, until Chrome catches up with Firefox in terms of plugins ...

Otherwise, I'll meet you at Framasoft too. I started to draw softs at their place, and in the end I am Nunux to my delight!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 12/09/08, 07:48

Yes, Rulian:
Google tool to control your digital life. I have no confidence in Google and its so-called good intentions ...

I have this impression more and more.
In recent times I have received publicity which puzzles me.
For example we know in which village I live : Shock:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 12/09/08, 09:41

A little agree with Rulian for Chrome, the spelling is very well managed under firefox too and it should not be forgotten that the current version of Chrome is only a beta so problems, bugs, ... can happen .

Some free programs that are on my machine:

- CoverXP free: to make covers of all types.
- HDtune: benchmark and test for HDD.
- Firefox: no need to present.
- Thunderbird: a good replacement for windows mail / outlook express.
- Spybot: anti spyware.
- Ccleaner: cleaning of windows.
- UltraVNC: remote computer control.
0 x
Giul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Giul » 12/09/08, 13:24

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/08, 13:25

Ah and IE and MSN do you think is better?

: Cheesy:
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 12/09/08, 14:22

A little free software that I like and that allows you to replace photoshop for simple things to do: Paint.NET.
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"