noise transformer after switching to LED

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
turbozender
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

noise transformer after switching to LED

by turbozender » 23/01/12, 16:43

Hello
to all

here I have a problem
I have halogen lighting with 12v transformer and 4 35w spotlights
I buy led spot 4w each
but the pb is that the transformer when there are 4 led spot, makes noise sizzling style

I have to put a minimum halogen sport so that it stops and again with 2 the most noise at all

is there a solution or the transformer cannot bear not to be charged?

is it necessary that I replace it (not easy it is in the center of the wall lamp

thank you in advance
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/01/12, 18:52

the LEDs with their internal power supply are not happy with a halogen transformer which outputs 4x4 = 16W instead of 4x35W = 140W and therefore gives an overvoltage, to be measured which will kill the LEDs quickly !!

So stop this editing, if you don't want to see the LEDs die and even the transformer, which constantly exceeds the max voltage.
There are several types of transformer, heavy with scrap or light with cutting, which constantly rises and cuts its tension without the necessary load of 140W.

See Christophe et econologie for LED power supplies !!
0 x
turbozender
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by turbozender » 23/01/12, 19:14

Ok thank you

so I have to find a suitable transformer and size that suits the housing provided
0 x