To never forget the light in the toilet!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

To never forget the light in the toilet!

by Rulian » 31/08/08, 00:01

Yesterday, during a particularly disheveled evening in the bistros of my city, I was forced by my bladder, derogatory with ill will, to go make room for the following tours (I was at the "I do not know how much "that I drank or that I paid).

Arrived at the pipirooms with a very poorly controlled approach, and aillant waited my turn without pissing in the sink, I finally enter the place of the much desired issue.

And there, the first of my thoughts was: "And shit, where is the light?"

Outside, inside, no switch. I finally stick my head through the door and ask a colleague who also runs on ethanol, who gives me the solution: "Close the lock, it turns on the light all by itself!"

It was the turning of the lock that caused the circuit to close, thus flooding the room with a saving light. And as we have to reopen the lock to exit, it's impossible to forget the light when leaving! I found this GE-NIAL. I almost forgot my commission. : Mrgreen:

So notice to DIY enthusiasts, it's an easy idea to implement at either.

The bottom line: drinking alcohol can be a very educational activity!
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 31/08/08, 00:33

A bit of the same kind, to prevent people from forgetting to turn off the lights.
I have a friend who has a relaxation center. The toilets and changing rooms all have movement sensors, there is no switch, it turns on when you come in and it turns off 20sec after you have left. It saves him having the premises lit up for nothing all day, knowing full well that customers generally don't give a damn when they are not at home and they leave everything on.
: Evil: So go do it with them, I'm sure they'll be the first to complain.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 31/08/08, 00:46

The question is to know how much consumes the motion detectors which are in operation and therefore consumes continuously.

That's the question!
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 31/08/08, 00:55

Let's say that in the framework described above by myself, I think that it is better 24 hours a day for the detector, and 1 hour (basically we will say, because these are 2 hours sessions and the cabins are used when arriving and starting) from spot. Rather than 14 hours of spot per day.

If someone knows how to tell us about the detector consumption, it's cool because I can't find it.

edit: I just came across the technical doc of a detector which announces 1W of consumption. That will give us 24Wh per day. If there is a minimum of 30 / 40W of light per cabin it is clearly profitable.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/08, 02:53

Hihihih Rulian, I love how you talk about your drinking bouts :)
Was it at La Chouffe? Rochefort? Leffe? Duvel? Kastel? Not too bad today?

To come back to the toilet, it seems to me to have been in a bar (it's blurry now it's a gape) where the pissoir light was on ... when you started to pee ... well it was Semi-closed pissoir so there was always a little light from the rest of the toilet so no risk of starting to pee next to it ...

It was not an infrared sensor .... at least I did not see anything in this direction ... A pissodebitmeter maybe? : Cheesy:

It has the advantage of being cut bcp faster than an IR sensor on a timer ...

It's the Japanese who are crazy about this kind of innovation ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 31/08/08, 03:02

Christophe wrote:To come back to the toilet, it seems to me to have been in a bar (it's blurry now it's a gape) where the pissoir light was on ... when you started to pee ... well it was Semi-closed pissoir so there was always a little light from the rest of the toilet so no risk of starting to pee next to it ...

It was not an infrared sensor .... at least I did not see anything in this direction ... A pissodebitmeter maybe? : Cheesy:

Are you sure it wasn't from a sudden decompression that made you open your eyes : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

little edit while I think about it: at work we have sensors on the pissors that make the water run while we piss and it stops when we leave, it certainly eliminates odors from people who never press the button when they go to the bathroom. I don't think it's really ecological but it changes your life when you go to the bathroom : Mrgreen: this kind of system can also be used for partial lighting of the toilets.
Last edited by Matt113 the 31 / 08 / 08, 03: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/08, 03:04

Hey Matt still up?

It was at the end of the afternoon I reassure you ... then first of all I never drink!

Hein Rulian that's true! ImageImageImage
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 31/08/08, 03:11

Christophe wrote:Hey Matt still up?

Me, always, I'm a little bit insomniac : Cheesy: especially on weekends and often during the week when I also work : Mrgreen:

Christophe wrote:It was at the end of the afternoon I reassure you ... then first of all I never drink!

Hein Rulian that's true! ImageImageImage

It's weird I often hear that : Cheesy: and my wife too : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: (he said taking a sip of Jupiler)
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 31/08/08, 08:48

At home, too, I installed motion detectors in the toilets, in the stairwell and in the cellar corridor.

In the toilet, because the children were too small (at the time) to turn on the light when they went to the toilet at night, as a result, they would start yelling "mom, you turn on me STP", 2 or 3 times by night !!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!

In the hallway and the stairwell, it is the husband who pays no attention to it (we can see who is paying the bill in this house !!!!!!)

moreover, all these devices are fitted with photoelectric cells, thus preventing inadvertent switching on in broad daylight.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 31/08/08, 11:10

Hasardine wrote:At home, too, I installed motion detectors in the toilets, in the stairwell and in the cellar corridor.
In the toilet, because the children were too small (at the time) to turn on the light when they went to the toilet at night, as a result, they would start yelling "mom, you turn on me STP", 2 or 3 times by night !!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!
In the hallway and the stairwell, it is the husband who pays no attention to it (we can see who is paying the bill in this house !!!!!!)
moreover, all these devices are fitted with photoelectric cells, thus preventing inadvertent switching on in broad daylight.

These motion detectors are great, but is it really economical if you install them everywhere? There is an electronic circuit which is in continuous operation, usually from the mains via a transformer.
0 x