To never forget the light in the toilet!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/08, 11:15

By the way there is a subject to calculate if your device consumes more in standby (an IR sensor can be considered as a standby) or in activity according to the number of hours of average daily activity.

x = uptime
W = on consumption
w = consumption in standby or OFF

code: Select all

W*x - w(24-x) = 0

is :

x = 24*w/(w+W)

x = MINIMUM time (in hours) to use your device so that it consumes more in activity than in standby.

X is more big plus for anything you consume standby or OFF mode!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/action-con ... t5844.html

To answer Léo:

W = 40W of pissoir lighting
w = 3W of IR detector
x = 1,67 h or 1h40 ... that's already a lot!
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 31/08/08, 12:05

Christophe wrote:Hein Rulian that's true!

Sober as a sparrow the Scream. I tell you ! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/08, 12:21

Paaaaaaaaahaaaaaarféteuhmeennt! Hips ...

What about this: when are you coming back with Nono? :)

0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 31/08/08, 12:36

Christophe wrote:By the way there is a subject to calculate if your device consumes more in standby (an IR sensor can be considered as a standby) or in activity according to the number of hours of average daily activity.

x = uptime
W = on consumption
w = consumption in standby or OFF

W*x - w(24-x) = 0

is :

x = 24*w/(w+W)

x = MINIMUM time (in hours) to use your device so that it consumes more in activity than in standby.

X is more big plus for anything you consume standby or OFF mode!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/action-con ... t5844.html

To answer Léo:

W = 40W of pissoir lighting
w = 3W of IR detector
x = 1,67 h or 1h40 ... that's already a lot!

Thanks for the formulas! It proves (rait?) That we save nothing with automatic lighting. I installed automatic lighting at home a long time ago but I took care to add a switch that allows me to obtain manual lighting or automatic lighting (which is still very practical).

Some English people told me that the most ecological way to urinate is to pee on the lawn at night, taking care to do it in a different place each time. It brings nitrogen, water and mineral salts to the lawn that needs it so much and that is perhaps the secret of beautiful English lawns. : Lol: .
0 x
Magicienne75
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Magicienne75 » 31/08/08, 13:17

Hello,

I don't know if the motion detectors installed all over the place are spending a lot of energy or not.

In any case, they certainly spend less than the light regularly forgotten for several hours.

In addition, in the staircase of a cellar, for example, or a very short staircase, if, as often, one has the arms loaded, they avoid having to do acrobatics to light, and can, surely, avoid a potentially serious accident.

So I say: live the motion sensors.

:D

Anyway, nothing will be really free.

The idea is to optimize as much as possible.

At least that's what I believe.

friendships

Elena.
0 x
They did not know it was impossible, so they did it.
http://eaugazeuse-sodaquick.blogspot.com/
http://www.boutique-eco.blogspot.com/
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/08, 15:31

Magicienne75 wrote:So I say: live the motion sensors.

:D

Anyway, nothing will be really free.

The idea is to optimize as much as possible.

At least that's what I believe.

friendships

Elena.

Well ... look at the formula above: motion detectors for lighting can clearly be a bad idea.

For example: if you go to your cellar once a week for a few minutes, your sensor will consume you much more per year than what you save ...

ps: Leo, to piss in the grass (Christine doesn't like it too much but I think it's just jealousy not being able to do it so easily!) It's not me that needs to be convinced but I don't know more bar with a "natural" pissoir ... Hey Rulian that's a concept to be developed!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 31/08/08, 18:57

I looked at the manual for one of my movement sensors (Steinhel reference IS140), the indicated consumption is 0,8 watts, it is still much less than 3 watts.

To do this well, I would have to measure the consumption myself because between what the instructions indicate and the reality ...
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 31/08/08, 20:50

So concerning my detectors, they consume between 0,6 and 1 W

the corridor and the stairwell, is between the basement (where I work) and the ground floor on high (our accommodation).
and we go up and down about fifty times a day, the light, we have got into the habit of turning it on, by reflex, whether it is necessary or not.
suddenly, it could be lit 2, 3 or 6 hours in a row (sometimes all night) certe these are only 15W bulbs, but all the same, only 2min is enough to go up !!!!

suddenly, let's keep it simple, with 2 hours of useless ignition per day, we make the detector profitable by far.

The same goes for the hallway!
0 x
Magicienne75
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Magicienne75 » 31/08/08, 23:10

Yes, but, Christophe, it is, in my reasoning, to compare the cost - relatively modest - of the motion detector, with the cost of the electricity wasted by a bulb - often between 60 and 100W - that we forget for several hours, or even a whole day or a whole night.

It is this forgetting to switch off that can end up costing money.

friendships

Elena.
0 x
They did not know it was impossible, so they did it.

http://eaugazeuse-sodaquick.blogspot.com/

http://www.boutique-eco.blogspot.com/
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/09/08, 22:47

With my son we had cobbled together a more or less equivalent device: we were never able to market it because we were hesitating: how to call it ??:

crott'matic or merdomat ???? :D

suggestions welcome! : Lol:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be