Your local network: Wifi or RJ45?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.

My local network is in:

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/03/08, 09:55

Hello,

By retrieving the address from the DHCP server we have the address of the box
=> On Windows: open a DOS window and type "ipconfig -all"

Then we take the browser and type this address.

(this is not true for Free, since the config of the Freebox is done on the Free site)

Gegyx, I did not know that the power of such Free was too weak for 4 such. Sorry for you.

Louhac wrote:A priori Wi-Fi can be disabled on any box through the network settings. It is an address to type when the computer is connected to the modem which makes it possible to define the operation of the network constituted around this modem. On my tele2 box I did it but I don't remember how I got the address, it was a developer friend who guided me. It must be quite simple, it just gave me two or three directions from a distance if I remember correctly
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/03/08, 10:53

Proof of this is that WiFi security is far from total. Here is an interesting file.

Securing a wireless network

Introduction to WI-FI security: http://www.secuobs.com/news/08032008-freeradius.shtml
Windows client side
http://www.secuobs.com/news/08032008-freeradius4.shtml

It still seems "a bit" more complicated than simply checking an "encryption" box on your router ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 01/04/08, 21:55

gegyx wrote:
Capt, you are wondering about the GSM antenna 20 m from your office:
"How to measure radiation in fact? "

In fact it's easy!
You just have to read the progressive dilapidation of your posts, and the often libidinous content.

Take an example:
You did not give a precise indication to position the portable "grid-neurons", on the ear of the chick in the egg!

: Lol:

AH, that's right then the short juices in the skull, I always have the impression of being flashed on the road :D

So what does this cooking do?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
faaab
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by faaab » 20/06/08, 15:24

Well it took me a while to get started with this experience ...
: Oops:
Experimentation conditions: 2 connected laptops placed on either side of an egg, all on a cloth to stabilize the egg (a certain Christophe, not that of econology but that of the three boats, had a technique for make it stand alone but I forgot ...)

Anyway, after about 4 hours of testing we broke the egg and we just observed a thin thread of "cooked" white, opaque what, on the walls.

For the story it is not even me that the test is carried out but my 'tit sister :? .

But hey now anyway, the state is taking care of it if I have followed the news ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/06/08, 21:38

You should have taken pictures

the damage is not necessarily visible anyway

I am convinced of the harmfulness of laptops, when I used it for 30 hours on the ear at first, the headaches occurred with each stroke, from wired headset
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/06/08, 17:57

+1 with Maloche but it's a bit HS as a subject isn't it? Here we talk about network and possibly wifi, for cooked eggs it would rather be here:

Otherwise news of the "day": https://www.econologie.com/forums/des-rats-d ... t5619.html

Standard: NF C 15100

From January 1, 2008 in France, all new constructions must be equipped with an RJ45 network, including a minimum number of RJ45 wall sockets say multifunctional socket.

At least one intake is compulsory in:
- the living room
- each room
- the kitchen (hey yes to connect your fridge to the net!)

The Technical Union of Electricity and Communication pre-checks 3 for the main room. UTE C90-483.

A first step towards not all wifi and the digitalisation of home automation?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 24/06/08, 22:07

Good news this wiring!

And with a distributor on each floor?

0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 24/06/08, 23:38

gegyx wrote:Good news this wiring!

a good little switch in the attic or in the cellar is more than enough.
and for those who want to be provident, wiring and switch supporting Gigabit ethernet.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 25/06/08, 09:40

The standard provides for a telephone socket and 2 sockets in the technical duct.
It also receives all the ends of RJ45 cables.

=> it is therefore the ideal place to place the router (Freebox or other).

Matt113 wrote:
gegyx wrote:Good news this wiring!

a good little switch in the attic or in the cellar is more than enough.
and for those who want to be provident, wiring and switch supporting Gigabit ethernet.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 25/06/08, 09:44

And for Gegyx (see other older post): the telephone cables are also supposed to arrive in the technical sheath (star wiring)
=> enough to redirect the IP phone throughout the house.

The concern is that this must actually be deployed by electricians. it is not won. I know some who still wire all the telephone sockets in "series"
0 x