Neon broken in my bathroom

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Re: Neon broken in my bathroom

by Christophe » 05/12/22, 00:06

Ahmed wrote:Although this distinction is in great danger from now on being quickly forgotten, what is called here "neon" is actually a fluorescent tube and to speak of "LED neon" is even more inappropriate... In this matter, let us try to be clear! : Wink:

Yes yes except that everyone says neon… talking about TL is more accurate but few people say it…

The proof the sites that sell LED Tubes speak of neon lights… : Mrgreen:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/12/22, 00:25

:)

led tubes

Fluo tube (fluorescent)

Neon tube (red light, for bousbirs) :D

electricity-computer-electronics/neon-crack-exploding-and-blow-the-circuit-breaker-t16556-40.html#p420941
1 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/12/22, 00:47

So, in summary, if I understood the 2 subjects correctly:

A 120cm T8 LED tube of 14.5W

or a 120cm T8 Silamp 36W LED tube

can have its 2 poles, connected directly to 230 VAC?

And it's up to me to choose the appropriate sockets?
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/12/22, 07:06

how much do you need forumers to change a bulb??

– 1 to change the bulb and write to say that the bulb has been changed.

– 14 to say that they also changed a light bulb once and discuss the different ways of doing it.

– 7 to warn of the dangers of changing a light bulb.

– 1 for saying Fake!!

– 27 to report spelling mistakes in messages about changing a light bulb.

– 53 to berate spell checkers.

– 41 to correct those who berate spell checkers.

– 15 for making an abuse report for insults and/or abusive SMS language.

– 6 to debate whether to say “light bulb” or “lamp”.

– 6 to qualify the previous 6 as stuck.

– 2 industry professionals to say that the correct term is “incandescent lamp”.

– 15 know-it-alls claiming to have been in the industry and that saying “light bulb” is perfectly correct.

– 109 to indicate that this forum does not apply to light bulbs and that please discuss this on the forum "Electric light bulbs".

– 111 to defend the topic because everyone uses a light bulb so the topic belongs here.

– 306 to debate in order to know the best technique to change a light bulb, where to buy the best light bulbs, which brand is best suited to this technique and which ones to avoid.

– 27 to send internet addresses where you can discover the different light bulbs.

– 40 for saying they don't trust a light bulb and giving links to pseudo-scientific sites that claim to know about alternative ways to produce light.

– 12 to point out that the right to light is not in the Constitution.

– 1 to send a photo of a light bulb and another of a type that looks like a light bulb.

– 14 to indicate that the addresses indicated contain errors and send the correct ones.

– 1 for saying that he has replaced his light bulbs with neon tubes and that, as a result, he rarely changes his light bulbs

– 12 for saying they drop the forum because they don't understand the controversy over light bulbs.

– 4 for saying you need an FAQ about light bulbs.

– 44 to ask what an “FAQ” is.

– 8 who come to troll, who insult each other

– 13 for saying that in every well-kept house there should be candles somewhere, in case a light bulb burns out.

– 5 for saying they don't use light bulbs, only candles.

– 1 which means that the subject already exists.

– 2 who just put a spam link.

– 143 advising to do a search about light bulbs on Google before starting a discussion about light bulbs.

– 1 for responding to the first message 6 months after the case settled down and restarting the whole mess!
3 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/12/22, 08:54

And one more, which makes the sociological assessment of a forum. :P
1 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/12/22, 10:32

and a big fish, which writes a sandwich instead of answering a question, simply Yes, or not.

: roll:

And that's why after reading everything, we come to ask a simple question of what we understood, perhaps?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/12/22, 13:37

I appreciate humor (Macro made me laugh a lot) and at the same time I would be of the opinion that topics like this — which are very much in line with what the fo-fo wishes to offer — should be highlighted value, since posted in the right section..

Nath's questions deserved an answer.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/12/22, 13:55

Nice what forum ECOnology!...

When you know the answer, and you prefer to tell sandwiches or put +, rather than answer yes, or no!
It's not a question of time, but of misplaced ego?

I have fluorescent tubes that have always satisfied me completely, in terms of illumination.
You can't find any more on the market, otherwise, these LED strips at another price...

For me, led lamps are very good, but they light less, much more expensive and do not last, contrary to what is indicated, and less durable than the lamps before.
So for the tubes I went backwards.*

There, I read the 2 subjects on this subject, and with the disparate indications, I make my synthesis as I can,
for, speaking to those in the know, if that's it, namely if, a led tube strip, it's identical to a led bulb, namely, operating simply with the phase and the neutral 230vac, connected to its poles ?

? ? ?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/12/22, 16:26

That's it...” I bought about ten 10W LED projectors several years ago, very happy.... well, there have already been 3 that have given up the ghost... I don't know not how long the "survivors" will last but now I will only buy 1st price LEDs.

50 hours that said... (I could compare...) On the other hand, the power saving was there, and the white “daylight” LEDs (Between 000K and 5K) illuminate more and better than the others...

(I didn't put my fingers in the grease to find out what had dropped: they are waiting for me to get started, if I have time 1 day!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/22, 16:52

gegyx wrote:Nice what forum ECOnology!...

When you know the answer, and you prefer to tell sandwiches or put +, rather than answer yes, or no!
It's not a question of time, but of misplaced ego?

It seems to me to have answered in a clear and clear way on my first answer not?
0 x