Neon against fluorescent bulb

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Neon against fluorescent bulb

by futuranat » 10/08/09, 11:53

Hello, I just wanted to have a little information: does the neon consumes more or less than a normal bulb or low consumption ... thank you and have a good day
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/08/09, 12:10

a) Do not say neon but fluorescent tube, neon lights are the signs of stores (I also made the mistake a few months ago)

b) Efficiency: it is more or less equivalent but it depends mainly on the power of the lighting: the more powerful the bulb, the better the efficiency.

Thus a 36W fluorescent bulb will have a similar performance to a 36W tube but not a 7W bulb.

The most reliable to be sure: compare the performance by dividing the Lumens / Watts ...

c) What changes is the transformer: I imagine that a modern electronic transformer will have better performance than a ferromagnetic ballast (burning after a few minutes) ... but for reliability, mystery!
0 x
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by futuranat » 17/08/09, 15:49

hello, thank you for this information, I think I understand the trick so I will opt for your technique and divide the lumens by the watts

see you soon
0 x