Need help before embarking on the adventure LEDs ???

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
boblebricoleur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Need help before embarking on the adventure LEDs ???

by boblebricoleur » 06/09/09, 21:21

Hi everybody,
Well I want to get started in the leds to see and it offers great opportunity I think.

But good beginner total so I'm looking for some confirmations from your expert heads : Cheesy:

I think (try would be more appropriate : Mrgreen: ) make me a montage for my kitchen with 10 luxons 3W (3.2V ~ 3.6V, 700mA) in parallel mount with a recovered power supply of Xbox 360 (12V, 16.5A)

1 / For the power needed for the transformer I have to add the power of each led? (in my case 10 * 0,7 = 7A)

2 / I am looking for confirmation of my calculations

For 1 only resistance for mounting:
R=(12-3.2)/(10*0.7)=1.26 ohms
P = (12-3.2) * 7 = 61.6W

For 1 resistance by LEDs:
R=(12-3.2)/(1*0.7)=12.6 ohms
P = (12-3.2) * = 0.7 6.16W

Are they good?

3 / If my calculations are good, does it mean that I consume about 2 times what I produce light (61.6W for 30W lighting)?

4 / Apparently doing the calculations again we have a transformer delivering a voltage close to those needed by the LEDs less it heats and better and performance?

5 / Latest
With all the chargers of mobile phone that we have with us, can we reuse them to power LED fixtures?

Thank you in advance for your assistance
0 x
Jumpy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

comfort and LED ecology

by Jumpy » 01/10/09, 17:31

I did some montages at home. Very quickly my wife removed them to me. The white and raw light is ugly to burst. She does not want it.

Compromise; I mix LEDs with normal spots
I therefore reduce the consumption of 100 w (5 spots) to 64 W (3 spots, 2 LED 2 W) approximately for lighting slightly less bright and endurable in color.
0 x
Stop co2 - Timber frame house BBC
- Pompe à chaleur carefree operation since 2010
Did67

Re: Need help before embarking on the adventure leds ??

by Did67 » 01/10/09, 18:13

boblebricoleur wrote:Hi everybody,
Well I want to get started in the leds to see and it offers great opportunity I think.

But good beginner total so I'm looking for some confirmation from your expert heads: cheesy:

I think (try would be more appropriate: Mrgreen:) make a montage for my kitchen with 10 luxuryons 3W (3.2V ~ 3.6V, 700mA) parallel mounting with a power supply of Xbox 360 (12V, 16.5A)

1) I do not know anything about electronics.

2) Quit to make montages, I will do batches of 3 leds in series (nominal voltage close to 12), then I will mount for example 4 lots in parallel.

So, I would need very little resistance to adjust between 3 x 3,5 V = 10,5 V and 12 V your transformer. Check that it is stable to 12 V even with low amperage (because I imagine that your Xbox consumed more!)

With less resistance, you will "dissipate" less electricity into heat.

That the electronic people correct me if I said bullshit. [/ Code]
0 x
boblebricoleur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by boblebricoleur » 01/10/09, 19:45

Thank you for your information.
Since I posted this topic, I did my homework : Lol: so it's okay now I understand the parallel and serial editing.
For the moment I made qlq montages with leds classics by using a power supply for hard disk pc that I had.
Regarding leds 3 w (700ma), I have only received one to date, it works pretty well but well after one hour I slammed the power supply (2A) all this while using a driver at leds. I suspect the power supply to be rotten : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/09, 20:02

To complete your discovery of led, you can read this comparison fluo / led:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-compa ... t6649.html
0 x