My instal audiophile, Hi Fi, vintage

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/07/12, 10:40

Well, OK!

Leave room for others to other discoveries!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/12, 10:52

Or rather..:

OK how much? ...> : Cheesy:

After how many hours listening to finally actually detect significant differences, not just subjective and personal preferences? And how much does that cost?

Bein good guys, we chipotte we chipotte: long live the MP3 then! : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/12, 14:09

... Or burn your vinyl yourselves ... to have peace! : Arrowd: : Cheesy:

: Arrowd:

Still not convinced?

: Arrowd: : Arrowd:

How?

: Arrowd: : Arrowd: : Arrowd:

With the same plate that reads and engrave ...

As with Neumann and direct drive motor controlled by quartz ... Technics:

By mounting kit made in Germany around a Technics SL-1210 series MKV pardi:

What are the pros on the motor techno direct drive controlled by quartz Technics:

vinylengine.com wrote: Technics [...] Represents a standard of accuracy and quality in disc reproduction That HAS-been never attained before; this truly outstanding three speed package has unquestionably deriving their new reference contre qui professional systems will-have to be Measured for years to come.

Just glance at thesis Reviews some of amazing features: Almost total lack of speed drift; immeasurably small wow and flutter; extreme quietness; enormously high torque; Practically and instantaneous starting and stopping.

Other features include modular building system for ease of servicing and a specially designed rubber mat on the underside of the platter for vibration damping.

Hey Hey ... Nice no? ...> : Lol:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/12, 14:48

Technics SL-1210 mounted with an arm Dynavector DV507-II : Arrowd:

... + a few other little add-ons ... Shelter 5000 cartridge, Paul Hynes SR5-27 external, TDR-21 secondary & S1709v4LN / Z1705LN tertiary regs, MN bearing & baseplate, Funk Firm platter & Achromat, Isonoe feet, Ebony armboard, Choir-Hashimoto SUT-H7 step-up ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/07/12, 15:57

There you you Obamot header!

Find me one good comment of this SL-1200 in a serious review Hifi if you can and we'll see!

You shall appoint as the Yamaha amp allegedly Hifi while there is nothing! (I like a home theater without their crappy speakers)

The specs mean nothing especially from the Japanese who have played the top at the expense of sound!

I've owned a SL-1200 1978 in and I can assure you that even the latter had not the strength of Oracle Delphi and especially not the sound you already speak more components and low and mid-range not upscale or where it fared poorly!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/12, 18:36

preconceptions that all that (I know mebon, I respect your opinion).

Let us, here is what you ask (you take me for short):

I looked for negative reviews, except on the arm, I have not found, such as:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showth ... p?t=178307

Here a site that poses some good questions (although commercial site) Sound-Hifi:
Technics SL1200 / SL1210 a DJ deck or an audiophile turntable? ...>

ARTICLES / TESTS ETC:

In Asia, AV-buzz: compared to the Pro-Ject 9X ...>

Audiogon: ...> ...>
TNT-Audio: ...> ...>
Positive-Feedback: ...>

Mds975: ...> ...>

See also here at the top, under Neumann, what do you read:
http://www.organicmusic.de/Vinylcutting.htm

direct drive motor controlled by quartz identical in design to the SL-1200. DSLE.

The studio:

My testimony now. There was a time when I put the point of audio cells. I will not go into details because I could write a book .... Know that this was a time when the house speakers were built in concrete ... (you understand the connection with my job .... hihihihih ...)

But I have used many stages and many cells, such as the Grado Signature V (my reference cell to US $ 5'000 with V15-5 and Stanton upscale), and I could not add MC sore and hybrids Decca, Dynavector, Ortofon and I forget a lot .... with an SME arm and Technics, I've never been caught unawares. While with many others, became very complicated because some were good in some cases and not in others, etc.

With Technics, I have never been "in the fog"In my comparisons!

And I had a major challenge is that the product of my work, I had to go then validate the amount in my cell houses on other boards of high-end then ... You see the dilemma.

I should add that it has a formidable advantage is being able to change cell quickly, which has allowed me to make detailed comparisons in various configuration. Maybe they do not like you, but before criticizing it would take a little more about the ...

In fact, when are you going to be positive a little? : Lol:

NB: Yamaha amplifiers were Class AB, but given the distortion of tube amps, they were largely "audiophiles" I explained it above. And you seem to really not read, since my conclusions rejoingnent yours about this, since I use NAD, also have a transformer ring! You will notice with what tact I am not permitted to criticize your gear : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/07/12, 19:01

Ce not to be negative!

We insist on the same bases!

By providing a marble base, by replacing the arm and cartridge tray etc remains too resonant because it has nothing to do with MS-02.

I grant you that modifying it becomes listenable but I can also make one of any parts that will be even greater and it Because its too thin plate permanant magnet that is audible on the magnetic resonance plan!

All you have to redo a test without miking it turns into what comes out of the cell and see what has colorations from the board!

Anyway I have said enough for everyone to do his own conclusion because I also ate in the audio with experience both in the field of general public, the studio and show blockbuster being technician its having even worked with Bose inénieurs on occasion although I find the product very bad today!
0 x

Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/12, 20:14

Alain G wrote:Ce not to be negative!

We insist on the same bases!

By providing a marble base, by replacing the arm and cartridge tray etc remains too resonant because it has nothing to do with MS-02.

I grant you that modifying it becomes listenable but I can also make one of any parts that will be even greater and it Because its too thin plate permanant magnet that is audible on the magnetic resonance plan!

You have to think that you're not the first to tell me that! : Cheesy:

The engine of the 1200 3 is a precision phase motor driven by pulse controlled DC quartz.

There Administrative staff AC voltage that could cause any buzz produced by electromagnetic fields. I'll put the rest in English, I posted the link and I have no time to translate everything (Mrs. expected ... : Cheesy: ).

By cons, raise the point as you do, show that you have a relative ignorance of this plate. Do you seriously that they could use such an engine on mastering Neumann machines, if they were not completely free of electromagnetic tolerance disturbance? Hum!

But actually, there are some things that can be improved (which does not come from where you think) the problem is identified and known and kits exist (as said even earlier):

The 1200 Motor is a 3 phase motor driven by precision quartz controlled DC pulses. There is no voltage present that could cause a production of electromagnetic magnetic field.

However, there is a power transformer. Until 2009, the transformer used to be a very low profile. the EMF radiated field 7 miligauss. In 2009 has been changed dramatically and dramatically.

So, while there is Some EMF radiated by the turn, only in the later models will that be enough to Produce a slight hum in unsheilded high output cartridges. It Does not this still a problem for moving coils or fully shielded high output cartridges.

Could there still be --other unknown sonic effects of EMF, and an external power supply is a good way to Eliminate Altogether this concern.

In most cases, it can be traced to a ground loop, bad ground, or proximity to large amplifiers. Deciding where to place a turntable should be taken into consideration. An EMF meter can be useful in hunting down sources of radiating hum producing fields.

As you see, it depends on different factors including the cell. We can also put the food apart. And we can also replace the board by putting a thicker 10 Kg ... 8)
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/07/12, 20:27

: Shock:

Is it really still an SL-1200? : Mrgreen:

And at what cost? :?:
0 x

Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/12, 21:11

Aaaah, you're not as categorical ....!

The alim ... nothing. Those who know it, dismantle it and put just out of platinum in an ad hoc housing ...
The plate ... As you can see this is not really necessary ... This is according to the cell. With mine is obsolete : Cheesy: Mébon is not very expensive ... As for the arm, it's the same problem as any audiophile turntable ... What makes the end, there is very little to do to adapt. These adaptations are also very common in the middle (you should know ...) So you're a little bad language, there ...

Get us some technical specs of the decks which do you think ... Although ... it's still useful to know. I am curious by nature! : Cheesy:

In fact, you you rather MM or MC?

@+
0 x