Universal motor alternator or current generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/01/09, 03:04

Hello

The most common universal motors are series motors.

the rotor remains substantially the same on all these motors apart from the winding calculations.
To make a generator of which you want a certain flexibility of the control it is necessary for you to make a separate excitation of it

the operating limit of this generator will be when you magnify the excitation poles as much as possible without saturating them

Many DC motors the poles are replaced by ferrite magnets, in your case for an experiment the two coils of the poles, isolates them, brushes, leaves them in series and supplies them with a 6 or 12 volt DC source to let pass an amperage corresponding to that of the engine namplate.

Then you connect to the two brushes your generator output it only remains to drive the motor the voltage will be directly proportional to the RPM of the generator and of course if you increase or decrease the excitation it will vary the voltage

the excitement always consumes a bit of current, in your case a 50W or 12 volts 4 amperes or two coils adapted under 200volts but 0,25 amps
if you want nothing consumed for the excitement it's permanent magnets

I forgot to have a good performance the brushes must be wedged according to the direction of rotation that you will use, normally when it is badly called there are sparks with the brushes according to the load (these small machines do not have 'interpoles)

Andre
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Universal alternator motor

by bobono » 06/01/09, 10:54

Universal motor
A universal motor is a DC machine with series excitation: the rotor is connected in series with the inductor winding.
It takes its name from the fact that it can be supplied with either direct or alternating current.
The speed of these motors depends on the value of the supply voltage. In alternating current mode, it can be easily adjusted by an inexpensive device such as the angle dimmer.

I will try to make a video of my engine which lights a lamp by turning it with a string.

Why not need to bring a power source for the excitement. The residual current which remains on the armature suffices to start it generating. If not enough residual a source for priming should suffice.

My washing machine motor goes from 20 volts to 200 volts depending on the drive speed. Here is
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/01/09, 17:41

Hello

Why not need to bring a power source for the excitement. The residual current which remains on the armature suffices to start it generating. If not enough residual a source for priming should suffice.

A generator excitation series, with no voltage empty and its excitation depends only on the load at low load little output voltage.

A shunt or separate excitation allows adjustment according to RPM and load.

Andre
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Universal motor

by bobono » 06/01/09, 19:16

I just tried it out this afternoon.

The motor found on a washing machine is 200 watts at 220 volts.

In the generator and without the slightest addition of current for excitation, I light the bulb by turning the generator by hand.

I'll make you a little video as soon as I can. Not a single permanent magnet on the generator.

The videos must be put on youtube I think
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/09, 19:20

What is a light bulb? A 12V? Connected to the stator or the rotor?

On my 2 motors, without excitation by hand (mwarf) I did not manage to go up to more than 3V ... with, still by hand, went up to 10V!
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Engine in generator

by bobono » 06/01/09, 19:48

Large 24 volt bulb. I wrap a 50 cm string on the pulley of the machine and I pull gently.

The presence of a small amount of magnetism in the winding on the armature is enough to start and light my lamp. Then the current flows automatically through the armature and produces the magnetism necessary for the production of electrons.

If you don't have residual current in my opinion, you just need to connect a DC power source in parallel on the coals for priming only. once started production is sufficient to ensure excitement.

Of course serial connection.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Engine in generator

by Christophe » 06/01/09, 20:21

bobono wrote:Large 24 volt bulb. I wrap a 50 cm string on the pulley of the machine and I pull gently.

Ah yes ok but the string is not really by hand :) Finally I understand : Cheesy:
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 06/01/09, 20:22

and at the end you have this

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qhwQt1tJYa8
0 x
Other

by Other » 06/01/09, 22:31

Hello
Christophe wrote:What is a light bulb? A 12V? Connected to the stator or the rotor?

On my 2 motors, without excitation by hand (mwarf) I did not manage to go up to more than 3V ... with, still by hand, went up to 10V!

It won't start if you don't charge it, make it charge in a light or a resistor, the more it charges the more it gets excited
normal all the amperage passes through the inductor coils of the poles.
In industry, we rarely find series generators, compounds or anticompounds on old welding machines

Compound is two excitations a series and a shunt, additive
anticompound fluxes are subtractive for special welding machine cases where you need 80 volt empty and 20 volt load.

Andre
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 06/01/09, 23:49

hello Andre
super anticompound, i knew the old welding stations but i thought it was leonard group.
I love all these very simple or very complex electric "old stuff",
it's really applied electricity
I came across this kind of thing several times at the start of my career as an electrician and I have a little doc on this kind of machine like electric starter, octopus mercury rectifier, manual starter, leonard group, star triangle manual, command by ground return, motors with angular offset brushes, inertia group, mercury contactor, vibrator tht, salt water variator, electric shaft etc ...
there are surely lots of others that I don't know and I will create a post in the coming days on this subject, if you have experiences or doc on this subject I am interested. For now I will try to collect mine and scan them
See you soon on this future new post.
0 x