Question about magnetism and electrostatic energy

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 09/04/06, 00:13

When a metal exceeds its point of curie, it can magnetize, or demagnetize. When drilling, the metal heats up in contact with the drill bit and the filings may exceed the curie point. It will acquire the orientation of the Earth's magnetic field and once cooled will keep the magnetization.

By the way, it is the magnetization in the layers of matter emitted by the oceanic ridges which made it possible to validate the plate technology. The orientation of the iron oxides and other contents in lavas recorded the orientations and intensities of the paleo magnetic fields.
0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 09/04/06, 00:49

Thank you, the next time I break through, I will feel less stupid : Cheesy:

It makes me think of the soldering iron breakdowns "Magnastat", but she, they re-magnetize afterwards.

I therefore suppose that if we slightly exceed the Curie point there is a return to the initial state, but not if we greatly exceed it. That's right?
0 x
chris051
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by chris051 » 12/12/07, 19:33

Hello everyone, I am a young electrician and have a question: In some cases we use H61 aerial transformers on poles for the distribution of electrical energy: What does the "H61" mean Do you have an idea, an answer, an explanation? Thank you in advance.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/12/07, 20:49

Welcome.

apparently, the H61 designates these transformers intended to be perched on poles. Really not enough to prevent sleep. Tapes "H61 transformer" on google.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/12/07, 21:54

Hello ex-oceano
former oceanic wrote:When a metal exceeds its point of curie, it can magnetize, or demagnetize. When drilling, the metal heats up in contact with the drill bit and the filings may exceed the curie point. It will acquire the orientation of the Earth's magnetic field and once cooled will keep the magnetization.

Chai not how you pierce, but you must not take it easy, and your forests should not make old bones ... the Curie point of steel being around 769 ° it makes shavings of color between dark red and dark cherry red. : Shock:

A lot of scrap has a "strong" residual magnetization. This residual magnetization may be due to the way in which the scrap is carried around to the producer or seller of scrap with very large electromagnets.

The magnetic field becomes more visible when you cut the scrap metal, this creates a North South at each end which sticks the shavings. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/12/07, 22:14

Hello Beaver
Castor wrote:I therefore suppose that if we slightly exceed the Curie point there is a return to the initial state, but not if we greatly exceed it. That's right?

At 769 ° steel is no longer magnetic. If you heat more, it does nothing more. On the other hand, by cooling the steel gradually regains its capacity to magnetize (magnetic susceptibility). If you cool without a magnetic field, you don't have residual magnetism. If during the cooling you produce in one way or another a magnetic field near or in contact, you "create" a new magnet more or less powerful according to your magnetic field, your iron etc .... :P

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132