220-230 VAC power supply manufacturing to 3 VCC

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
siera
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

220-230 VAC power supply manufacturing to 3 VCC

by siera » 11/11/07, 16:28

Hello,

I would like to make a power supply that can provide me with a hundred amps
at around 3 volts DC.
Primary 220 V alternating single phase.
I heard about a booster but I don't really know.

Do you have any plans or ideas?

This power supply would be used to electrolyze water to feed a blowtorch.

Codially will
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/11/07, 16:55

: Shock: 300W under 3V require good cables !!!

We quickly have huge ohmic losses and the cables heat up !!! :x
0 x
siera
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by siera » 11/11/07, 17:05

Hello,

I know that it will heat up, I base myself on a doc which is on the forum on a small KAGER water torch and it's the intensity it gives.

Can I use 380 V tri motor cables?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/11/07, 17:47

I will give you an answer as if you really wanted a 3V constant voltage supply to supply anything: but for electrolysis you need a constant current supply: if you supply at constant voltage the current will always be too strong or too low depending on the temperature the electrolyte concentration and the age of the captain

if you wanted to power a DC motor that wants 3V 100A this is what I would have answered

100A 3V = 300W = there is nothing to make a dish of

a diode bridge 100A ca does not run the streets, but there are 35A bridges easily 3 x 35A = 105A ca does the count

but we cannot put diodes in parallel because it is the hottest which has the lowest voltage drop and which takes all the current in place of the others and grid: it would be necessary to put resistors in series to share the current, but it's lost power

just put 3 transformer: it is the winding resistance of the 3 transformers which will share the current between the 3 bridges

so 3 transformer of 100W 3 V and it's almost good

not quite there is 1 volt lost in each diode and in a diode bridge the current flows in 2 diode: therefore 2 volt lost

each transformer will not be 100w but 35A x 5V = 175W

diode bridges must be mounted on good radiators

the output is bad because 2V lost to make 3 it hurts

there is an improvement: rectifier goes back and forth: transformer 2 x 4V with 2 diodes to rectify the 2 alternation with the 2 winding of the transformer: the current only flows in a single diode: divides by 2 the voltage drop

and the rest of the solution I already talked about in other post on futura science (and not erased): you have to do the electrolyser with several plates in series to operate at higher voltage and lower current

especially something is needed to regulate the current: kind of transformer inductance like an arc welding station

and I did not even go into the details of peak voltage and effective voltage which make my previous calculations a little wrong
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/11/07, 17:56

and above all, do not take the model from a certain torch for a jeweler who are horrors of poor security: oxygen and hydrogen are mixed and at the slightest defect it can blow: fortunately they are all small but I don't would not like to stay with me

it is therefore absolutely necessary to separate the gases at the source: even if it is more complicated there is no other serious solution
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: power supply 220/3v

by Other » 12/11/07, 02:34

Hello
will write:Hello,

I would like to make a power supply that can provide me with a hundred amps
at around 3 volts DC.
Primary 220 V alternating single phase.
I heard about a booster but I don't really know.

Do you have any plans or ideas?

This power supply would be used to electrolyze water to feed a blowtorch.

Codially will

Relatively easy to modify a transfot
Find yourself a fairly large transformer 500va, keep the primary coil the one that goes on the 220v (usually it's the first on the core)
the other coil the secondary one simple saw cut you open it and you eliminate it.
then you pass a 10 laps anyone around the core you supply the primary with 220 volts and you measure the voltage at your 10 turns so you know how many volts there are per turns.
normally if the transformer is large a few turns (3 or 4) are sufficient for 3 volts, (this is the principle of guns to solder with tin)
If you don't have big enough lines take crushed copper pipe rolled up with fiberglass tape the insulation doesn't need to be extreme

It takes you 4 diodes of the diodes of large automotive alternator supports 100 amperes, or found in the trade it is necessary to install them on an aluminum plate to dissipate the heat.
two diode N on one plate and two diodes P on the other plate

It reminds me of memories when I made my welding machine : Cheesy:
Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/11/07, 08:45

100 A is still hard-hard to manage: everything must be perfect: why wouldn't you work under 12 volts with 5 or 6 cells in series (see forum "improved electrolysis")

do not forget to incorporate a non-return "stopper" (bubbler, steel wool filter, valve)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be