Dimmer on economical bulb?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
ograweb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Dimmer on economical bulb?

by ograweb » 27/04/09, 14:13

Hello,

I plan to create bright atmospheres at home.
To achieve this, I look at the different types of bulbs available. Everyone talks about consumption, lifetime ... compact fluorescent bulbs and the like, but I can't find anything on the possibility of adding a dimmer.

Given the different types of bulbs, there must be different types of dimmer (from simple knob to thermo-nuclear dimmer with phase slicing)?

Do you know where I can find information on the different dimmers, their compatibility with LED bulbs, xeon, fluorescent ...

(it was almost easier in the days of the good old filament!)

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/09, 14:36

Yes that's for sure it was simpler :) (a horse-drawn carriage is also simpler than a car ... if you do not take into account the maintenance of the horse)

To my knowledge you CANNOT vary fluorescent bulbs but you can do it with leds with a circuit that is fine (provided that you are on low voltage: therefore with 240V leds it is not possible except by shunting the current transformation circuit).

However, since 2008 there have been special economic bulbs for voltage regulator
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 12 / 14, 21: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
ograweb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ograweb » 27/04/09, 16:01

The remote control + dimmer kits sold in DIY stores, on the internet or at a crossroads have therefore become useless? however, they are often placed very close to compact fluorescent bulbs: -s

What about other types of bulbs? (neon, induction, halogen ...)

If there seems to exist (or does not exist) a type of dimmer for each type of bulb, or even each brand or model of bulb its going to be simple for the consumer!

given that I have half a dozen 'classic (E27, 220V)' dimming module, I will have to stock up on filament, or get rid of it :-(

Thank you for your answers
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/09, 16:08

Well, not necessarily because you could put fluorescent bulbs compatible with dimmers, see the link below ... in 10 years maybe they will all be? Who knows?

economic and LED bulbs

But actually the technology that progresses is not equal to simplicity for the consumer ... it is a choice to make!
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"