low energy light bulbs, call witnesses

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Re: ibis

by Christophe » 16/03/09, 19:41

Ibis wrote:Sorry Claire, but it's not believable. A box like M6 can open an email account for this kind of case, right?

Stop the paranoid guys, I am often contacted with "non pro" emails by journalists from major TV channels!

At least 2 reasons for this:

a) subcontracting (most journalists and reporters of M6 programs are not salaried by M6)
b) protection of privacy

On the other hand, all of us have another "pro" email from their production box that I ask to know. Otherwise too easy ... indeed.

Claire, look at this link, you should be interested. This clearly responds to Capital's financial problem: https://www.econologie.com/economie-d-en ... -4021.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/03/09, 21:24

: Arrow: It is a social issue. We are certainly living in a technological transition like 70 years ago, when we went from flame lighting to incandescent light bulbs.
However, this transition is taking place "halfway" as is the case in many mass technologies while current means allow total disruption.

Finally, as in every new market, inventors and industrialists of all stripes hope to "fork over" products, sometimes intelligent but at a premium ...

The last example I have seen, concerns the neon LED tube:
Nice find that this new LED tube compatible with the support for standard fluorescent tube! The white light produced is very close to daylight. No less than 120 LEDs per tube emit blue light, bleached using red and green fluorescent materials. The color rendering index (not to be confused with the color temperature) is IRC = 92, against 84 to 88 for a normal fluorescent tube (100 for daylight). It is the ability of the light source to restore the shades of the visible spectrum without changing them. The illumination is 370 lux at 1 m from the lamp, the equivalent of a 40 W fluorescent tube.

As you would expect, 120 LEDs dissipate heat. No wonder that the tube is surmounted by an aluminum dissipator. The LED support is narrow, the blind spot is small and the shadow cast significantly reduced.

The LED tube consumes 20 and 24 W and can directly replace an ordinary fluorescent tube without any modification either of the ballast, nor of the choke, nor of the support. Its lifespan is 40.000 h, about five times that of the standard fluorescent tube. The first applications envisaged by its Japanese manufacturer Toshin Electric are tunnels (also the metro), large professional premises and the lighting of public roads.

Will this new hit impose itself under its little name "Bikei"? And at the price of 230 €? It is expensive, but at this price, it is provided with a white or transparent polycarbonate protection.
source ELEKTOR
After a quick calculation, over its theoretical lifetime, this "marvel" would save around 450 kWh or around € 70 of electricity, to which should be added 5 conventional tubes not purchased for the same duration, or around € 30.
You will quickly have calculated that € 230 "investment" to save € 100 is like throwing € 130 out the window ...
:?
0 x
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: ibis

by Ibis. » 16/03/09, 21:32

Christophe wrote:
Stop the paranoid guys, I am often contacted with "non pro" emails by journalists from major TV channels!
On the other hand, all of us have another "pro" email from their production box that I ask to know. Otherwise too easy ... indeed.

So I'm not more paranoid than you : Cheesy:

clara2345 wrote:Yes ibis, ... (and if you care about it, I can send you my pro m6 address by personal message if the need arises so much!) ...

To date I have still not received this professional address from him. :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/09, 22:12

citro wrote:After a quick calculation, over its theoretical lifetime, this "marvel" would save around 450 kWh or around € 70 of electricity, to which should be added 5 conventional tubes not purchased for the same duration, or around € 30.
You will quickly have calculated that € 230 "investment" to save € 100 is like throwing € 130 out the window ...

Does the calculator: https://www.econologie.com/calculateur-ampoules.html come to the same conclusion with your assumptions?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/03/09, 23:06

Christophe wrote:Does the calculator: https://www.econologie.com/calculateur-ampoules.html come to the same conclusion with your assumptions?
Yes, it gives:
€ 128 in financial loss
BUT: 43 kg of CO2 avoided, i.e. 16Litres of diesel or 19L of unburned absence.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/09, 23:11

Ah exellent 128 against 130: it means that it works well :)
: Cheesy: What? Did you doubt it? : Mrgreen:

These led tubes are typically "too green, too expensive" products.
Nothing says they are not overcharged for this reason ...

How long did you take?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/03/09, 23:23

The lifespan they advertise is standard:
8000 H for conventional tubes
40000 H for their "wonder" at 230 €, 10 times too expensive in my opinion ...
For the price of electricity, I adjusted to my real price including all taxes and subscription, or 0.15 € / TTC / kWh. (it is also my basis of calculation for my Electric Vehicles).

I may have "crashed" on the price of their diode tube ...
They do not specify if it is 230 € TTC or HT ...
:?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/09, 23:28

Normally all inclusive it is rather 0.12 € / kWh in France (0.11 in night rate, 0.13 in normal all inclusive for a private subscription) ... which leads to even more calculation ...

230 € the tube is clearly anything ... actually. Too green to be honest?
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 17/03/09, 14:05

Personally, what bothers me most is the exorbitant price of LEDs ...

Could a technical explanation explain this one, or is it a fad?

I use a small 4.5V flashlight equipped with an LED whose light is so intense that there is no photo, if we mounted similar LEDs in series (or in //) we would get lighting great, why don't we see these wonders everywhere ???

Yesterday, I visited the well-known Scandinavian furniture dealer and saw that he was selling ramps of 6 (or 8) LED to connect in series of 3, at the price of +/- 35 € it's still expensive right?

Greetings from the most cat of econologists :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...