Longevity of low consumption lamps?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
fsmoreau
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Longevity of low consumption lamps?

by fsmoreau » 04/03/12, 14:50

: Evil: Hello
I recently acquired a lighting suspension with 5 energy saving lamps.
Equipped with EGLO bulbs, 9W guaranteed 8000h, 5 bulbs burned out in 4 months
I mounted LEXMAN 11W lamps, after 3 days one more was burnt out.
Has anyone encountered the same problem and what to do to remedy it
Thanks for your help
cordially
fsmoreau
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/03/12, 15:01

keep receipts or invoices to make the guarantees work

if everyone really did pay back all these pigs it would go a little!

if everyone got their money back, we might see the good old filament lamp again

attention to the halogen filament lamp in ordinary size lamps: they are very fragile and burn out at the slightest movement when they are lit: this is not at all the solution for those who liked the old lamps
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/12, 16:32

Hi fsmoreau, you would not have tension problems? Does it do with all your lights or just this wall light?

Compact fluorescents are generally more sensitive to variations in network voltage than conventional bulbs (which, moreover, can work very well from 0 to 250 VAC, this is the principle of electromechanical dimmers ... verbotten on eco bulbs not intended for that!).

Consider buying quality light bulbs like Megaman bulbs Ingenium much less sensitive to variations in the network than most light bulbs on the market (and data for 600 on / off): economic and LED bulbs

Too bad the tests of consumer associations do not take this criterion into account ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/03/12, 14:18

+1 with chatelot: always keep receipts.
When they are tired of replacing the same bulb 10 times, they will sell the correct bulbs! 8)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/12, 14:22

indy49 wrote:When they are tired of replacing the same bulb 10 times, they will sell the correct bulbs! 8)

Absolutely, all the more true for distance selling ... it is inconceivable economically to sell shit bulbs by mail given the return costs that a breakdown generates ...

Megaman = good = 2 years warranty ...

QED! 8)
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/03/12, 23:36

I installed low consumption bulbs in August 1998 at home and 14 years later I only changed half of them and the first ones still dropped after 10 years of service.
By cons I find that the lower the power of the lamps the more they are fragile. The ones that last the longest in my house are 20W and more.
So the quality of yours should not be tip-top in addition to their low power.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/03/12, 13:03

a good electronic thing must not send parasite in the 220V and must tolerate without grilling the parasite which arrives by the 220

in an electronic lamp or a cutting power supply the components of protection can do half the price of the set

so by putting only just enough to make it work we make it cheaper but it burns out more often

this is not the first time that i have heard of a compact fluorescent lamp that often burns out on a light fixture with several lamps: i wonder if it would not disturb itself?
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"