Linky meter: Operating and user manual?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Counter Linky: Operating and user manual?

by Forhorse » 17/01/21, 08:32

I have a little trouble understanding the logic of deployment and I wonder if there is not a bit of pipo in their figures ...
If we look on the official website:
https://www.enedis.fr/linky-bientot-chez-vous

my town is 100% equipped ("Installation finished" they say ...) except my neighbor still has old blue mechanical meter while it is a second home, that he is hardly ever there, and therefore that the readings are complicated (the meter is in the house) and that the linky would have precisely everything are sense ... Except they never offered or contacted him to make an appointment to change the meter (while at the same time hear from users who complain of "harassment" by enedis for the installation of linky ...)
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/01/21, 14:26

Your neighbor should contact them, before the replacement becomes priced : Wink:
moinsdewatt wrote:Linky indeed allows remote interventions, at lower costs, and should also encourage energy savings with better knowledge of individual consumption.
Yes, advantage for them when you are a tenant and you move, I have not checked if the price has fallen for the user.

Since I have a heat pump, the HP / HC contract is disadvantageous during the heating period. Changing the contract every 6 months would have been interesting, since there is no technician travel, well no! this is not possible without charge.
Apart from real-time reading, the user actually has little to gain.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 20/02/21, 16:00

Today we are going to talk about the famous Linky meter through the tests that are done on the meters at the ENEDIS lab. The opportunity to explain part of the operation of the meter and something that we do not speak much: what it brings from the point of view of the electrical network.
1 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 21/02/21, 11:33

Thanks, great video.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/02/21, 20:15

moinsdewatt wrote:Thanks, great video.

Another "successful" YouTuber corrupted by a ruling grossium ... he does not say how much he felt to put down his fishing.
"This video is in partnership with ENEDIS, thank you to them for this visit."

Suffice to say at the outset that it is infomercial instead of passing it off as something else ... : roll: :(
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 21/02/21, 21:05

Interesting video, my fears are confirmed: the software can be updated remotely.
Just imagine the damage that could be done by taking control of the contactors of all the linkys in the country. I imagine that they have secured the communication, but given the stakes we are not just talking about a Sunday hacker, but state services with the infiltration and corruption capacities that go with it, therefore impossible to secure.
It's like giving the country stop button to our enemies, it's just madness!
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/02/21, 21:49

Petrus wrote:the software can be updated remotely.
The subscription parameters yes, but not the firmware that runs the meter. The latter is set at the factory.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/02/21, 22:13

izentrop wrote:
Petrus wrote:the software can be updated remotely.
The subscription parameters yes, but not the firmware that runs the meter. The latter is set at the factory.

"You haven't paid your bill, sorry, cut".
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/02/21, 00:51

Petrus wrote:It's like giving the country stop button to our enemies, it's just madness!

If the attack is proven and Enedis can temporarily do nothing, and it is still "war" :) !
Nothing prevents you from using the "compulsory public service" of energy supply,
upstream of the meter ... Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/06/21, 11:58

A Linky meter often installed by force without consent (while we ask for consent on any website today) often without even presence (copro) ... supposedly free but that we finally have to reimburse 130 € !! It looks like a retroactive Belgian law fuck!

In commercial law, I think this is called forced sale!

: Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

Linky: consumers will have to reimburse their box

The total cost of Linky meters installed in France is 5,7 billion euros, according to calculations by the Court of Auditors, reports "Le Parisien".

One hundred and thirty euros. This is the price of a Linky box, excluding additional costs. An amount that 90% of French households equipped with this box will have to start repaying from 2022, reports Le Parisien. In total, the amount amounts to 5,7 billion euros, according to calculations by the Court of Auditors.

However, in September 2011, the former Minister of Industry and Energy Eric Besson had affirmed that this communicating meter would not cost "not a cent to individuals", while his teams were already developing, that same year, with EDF , an advantageous financial package. The latter was detailed in a deliberation of the Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) of July 17, 2014.

In the public report of the Court of Auditors of 2018, which dissects this first deliberation, the conditions of the operation are deemed “advantageous for Enedis”, with “financing provided by users”.

And in 10 years will have to do the same thing again because the first Linkys will probably be out of service ...
0 x