Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Re: Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 19:36

Did67 wrote:It should be certain that not all Linky fires are the cause of poorly made, poorly-tightened connections or connections that heat ...

We can always say that the cause is the change of meter. It's not false.

But hey, then it would be necessary to accuse Peugeot of all the accidents having involved a car the mark ... If there had been this Peugeot at this place, there would not have been the accident. It's just as clear.

Absolutely and:

a) The connections must be made by a pro, the same who puts the box to the standard ... if the fire comes from the responsibility is the responsibility of the installer and not the manufacturer

b) If the manufacturer of the linky says that it should not be put directly on an insulating support and / or catching fire is that there is a reason (heat dissipation meter ... very likely). So the morons who post videos of badly installed burnt linky should make a trial to the installer and not the linky itself.

c) As I said on Facebook: if you do not put oil in your engine, it will not work long and it is not the responsibility of the manufacturer. With the linky we are exactly in the same situation (with nevertheless slightly more danger and potential harm) but on facebook it lacks a little IQ to understand something ...

After it is possible that some linky have manufacturing problems and heat abnormally but all the same, given the stakes and the risk I think the quality service of manufacturers must be serious ...
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/12/19, 22:12

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:And why the linky would heat up more :?:
M'enfin, because there are power electronics components in it and generally more electronics that require heat dissipation!
M'enfin it is not the few milliamperes consumed by electronics that will cause a fire. It is rather a bad contact that can lead to it.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/12/19, 22:23

I acknowledge my ignorance about electricity, but the assertion of Christophe surprise me: how can there be power electronics in a simple meter?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 22:55

I do not know the measurement method exactly used but we can probably imagine an ammeter by shunt ...

For me when it exceeds the 1000 W is power huh : Mrgreen:

In any case, there are more capacitors that can explode than in a disc meter ... which does not have one!

I once put 70V on a condo that only accepted 50V, the result was clear: it exploded in less than 5 seconds (yellow smoke) ...

It would be interesting to find the diagram of a Linky motherboard ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 22:58

izentrop wrote:M'enfin it is not the few milliamperes consumed by electronics that will cause a fire.

Absolute consumption does not matter: dissipation counts!

You can explode a component and make a flame with less 1W ... incidentally my condo that exploded should not consume 1W ... I quickly cut but nothing says that it would not have ended make everything smoke!

izentrop wrote:It is rather a bad contact that can lead to it.

Yes and wear!
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 02/12/19, 18:43

Did67 wrote:...
About poorly made connection, I struggled like a patient to find the cause of a general disjunction when it began the aspiration of the pellets on my boiler. I was on the verge of changing the engine. Until almost by chance, I realize that the installer had not tightened one of the terminals of the connection of this motor on the relay of the plate of the boiler. At the engagement, a small bow was formed, with overcurrent ...!

There I do not understand, a bow is a resistance in series, in no case an overcurrent? On the contrary. Why could it trigger a circuit breaker :?:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/12/19, 20:53

dede2002 wrote:
Did67 wrote:...
About poorly made connection, I struggled like a patient to find the cause of a general disjunction when it began the aspiration of the pellets on my boiler. I was on the verge of changing the engine. Until almost by chance, I realize that the installer had not tightened one of the terminals of the connection of this motor on the relay of the plate of the boiler. At the engagement, a small bow was formed, with overcurrent ...!
There I do not understand, a bow is a resistance in series, in no case an overcurrent? On the contrary. Why could it trigger a circuit breaker :?:
The extra current breaking. When you turn off the power at an inductive load, that's what happens. The spark testifies to the surge and says surge said overcurrent, short but repeated they are enough to trigger the circuit breaker https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouverture ... t_inductif
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 03/12/19, 07:31

The extra breaking current is induced in the winding by a sudden fall in the intensity ...

On the other hand, at reclosing, there is an overcurrent if the motor does not start, it may be the cause of the tripping of the circuit breaker?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/12/19, 09:37

dede2002 wrote:On the other hand, at reclosing, there is an overcurrent if the motor does not start, it may be the cause of the tripping of the circuit breaker?
Yes, you're right, especially if the engine starts charging.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 18/01/20, 13:13

At mom's request I installed double security.
A warning.
And if that's not enough: a quick note, I tend to shoot left. That's good the counter is on the right under the vault : Mrgreen: I'm not going to get angry with my mom for that : Mrgreen:
P_20200118_113732_1_1.jpg
P_20200118_113523_1_1.jpg
For the EJP there is the email and the mobile phone to be notified the day before. So able to communicate a statement
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru